Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sent 2002 wheels off 2 weeks ago to be stripped and polished.
I was a little skeptical because of some of the posts about polishing the spun cast wheels.
Picked them up today and they look awesome! From 15 feet they look extremely close to chrome.
Had the faces and sides of the spokes polished along with the rest of the face of the wheel. There is no problem with porosity.
I did not have them clearcoated.
Bought the chrome lug nut covers there also.
I spent a lot of time trying to accurately weigh the wheels before and after they were stripped. I used home scales and it appears each wheel weighs about 1/2 pound less. This is close but it could be less than 1/2 pound. Not an accurate weight but I believe it to be close.
Dave

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IMA,
You have mail.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dave,

They look great! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics!
Let's see them on that car when your done! :)

Mark

·
Registered
391 Posts
fcalmes said:
They look awesome!! :cool: If I had it to do over again, I would have had mine polished instead of chromed.
Frank. Why the change of heart about chrome?

G

·
Wow! those look hot..was the cost under 450 dollars but why did you decide not to clear coat them?

Congratulations..very sharp!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
JB,
Cost was $800. I know others are getting them done cheaper but I don't see how you can do a good of polishing for much less. There is a lot of time involved in a good polish.
I did not have them clearcoated because it dulls the shine by 15-20% and sometimes leaves a yellow cast. Look at the polished wheels on the C5. The clearcoat seems to dull the shine.
As soon as I get the center caps I will post some pics with the wheels on the car. (If IMAZ06 will help me again)
Dave

·
Registered
384 Posts
Cast or Forged

Do you know if your rims were the Cast or Forged type. I have heard of others that had 2001 Forged rims come on their 2002 cars?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
So who exactly did this polishing work ... I never heard the company mentioned.

Maybe some of us might want to give them some business :D.

BTW -- the 2002 wheels have "Speedlne" or "Speedstar" (cant' remember which) stamped on the back side of the wheel.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am sure they are 2002 wheels.
The back is stamped Speedline and Made in Italy.
The car was built mid-July.
The company that polished the wheels is Motomotion in Medina
Ohio. Phone 800-725-2330.
Mark, Scott, or Jim can help you.

Dave Montgomery

G

·
Dave,

Congratulations on a great mod! An excellent price considering how beautiful they look.

Thanks for the information!

A fine addition to your beast!

JB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts