Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gays, I'm new here as I traded my 02 Lightning on a 03 MY Z06. I have put a Varam intake and Hurst shifter so far and have it dynoed 3 times to get a base line. Without the intake I was at 353rwhp/ with Varam I am at 367rwhp. I want to get into the 420hp/400Tq range and I have $5k including install to spend. My wife gave me the money as a birthday present but also warned me not to get crazy...(aka you better not spend a penny more). I want to know what kind of combo you expeirenced guys would do. Its not a daily driver but I want a close to stock idle. I live in Jax, Fl and would trailer it within a 1000 miles for good work and a good deal. Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I nice set LG LTs and a medium cam & kit will get you what you want and a little more...Do a search and you find plenty of info...Welcome

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Heads/Cam/Headers will get ya there and then some.
Give Greg at Antivenom a call: 813-661-9000

Jim

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Jacksonville 'vette owner! :thumb:

It really depends on whether or not your willing to void your warranty.

Aside from Heads/cam, you could go the full bolt-on route.

-Long Tube Headers w/ high flow cats & x-pipe
-Free flowing Exhaust such as Stingers, Bullets, etc.
-Ram air intake system (which you already have)
-Fast 90mm Intake manifold & TPIS 90mm throttle body
-Bigger Air bridge
-LS1 edit tune

Heads/cam would be better, but the above route should get you over 400rwhp, maybe even approach your target numbers, (anyone have this setup?) without going into your internals.

I live near Monument Rd. in Arlington/Beaches area, and travel to work over off of Baymeadows Rd., so maybe I'll see you sometime!

Be careful, it's been said on this forum that modding is a disease. That $5,000 will run out quick.

:z:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I am also in the Jacksonville area. Would second theadvice to give antivenom a call. He is having a dyno day next month and you might want to make the trip.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi fellow Jax owners :thumb: . I have had my Vette a little over a month and was wondering if there are any local Vette clubs? If you have any trouble spending that 5k I know of a worthy cause you could donate it to :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
Heads/Cam/Headers will get ya there and then some.
Give Greg at Antivenom a call: 813-661-9000

Jim

Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06

Call Antivenom :z: :z:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts