Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me:

the front and rear spring rates of the Z06 (2002).

The size of the front and rear sway bars (Z06).

thanks.

Alextz

·
Registered
568 Posts
After a quick search on google, I found:

This link: http://www.rjsmith.com/vette.html

It says:

The rear transverse composite leaf spring has a rate of 125N/mm as opposed to the older Z51 rate of 113 N/mm. Camber for
the Z06, amazingly factory set, is -0.75 degrees front, and -0.25 degrees rear.

The front anti-roll bar is 30mm in diameter and is tubular (to save weight). The rear anti-roll bar
is 21.7mm in diameter. The shocks are 45mm in diameter. The base Corvette FE1 suspension features a 23mm front anti-roll
bar, a 19mm rear anti-roll bar, and 36mm-wide shocks. The optional Z51 package, which can be ordered on coupes, features
the FE3 suspension which includes a 28.6mm front anti-roll bar, and a 21.7mm rear anti-roll bar, but which retains the
36mm-wide stock shocks.

And THEN.. Wow, this really floored me. From the same article:
Here is a link to a pseudo Z06 registry. This site uses PHP, a version of ASP for Unix systems, and it is very slow to appear in the browser window. I refer to it as "pseudo" because they do not ask for VIN number (which indicates whether it is a Z06 or not), and they are including 2002 models which have not been constructed yet, let alone delivered to customers. All they ask for is your email address, which probably means they are spammers trolling for email addresses of Z06 owners. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, if anyone comes across a genuine Z06 registry, send me an email with the URL and I will include it.
The link he refers to:

http://www.z06vette.com/registry.php

Wow, this guy needs a clue! And what's with the immediate assumption that anyone not asking for cash and your VIN is going to SPAM you?

Like everyone is going to want to supply their VIN.. Funny, I don't *feel* like a spammer trolling for email addresses.. :(

So Frank, I think you should email this guy and get him to send you $50 and his VIN so this operation can become legit. Spam factory indeed..

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Here is my email to him:

Mr. Smith,

I am the owner of Z06Vette.com.

I resent the remarks made on your homepage naming us a "pseudo" registry. Just because we do not rip members off
or ask for personal information such as a VIN (which most people do not want published) does not mean that we are
illigitamate. I'll have you know that we have over 660 registered cars which I normally verify by email (hence the email)
and over 75,000 page views per day. We have never, and I repeat NEVER used our members email in any other way.

Posting on the forum to our 1100 members and asking if this is true will yield the true answer.

I'm am saddened that you choose to belittle our thriving community instead of getting the facts first or contacting us for
the straight truth. I hope that this email will put your mind at ease and maybe you can come visit and find out what makes
our group so special. I am constantly travelling to shows across the country meeting our brothers and am available
if you are ever at the national events.

Also, FYI, PHP is actually faster than ASP given the same CPU......If the registry page is slow, it's because it's sorting
~700 records on the fly.......

JC
Z06Vette.com

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Brian,

We have to keep changeing his idendity to protect the innocent.............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
BrianK said:

The rear transverse composite leaf spring has a rate of 125N/mm as opposed to the older Z51 rate of 113 N/mm. Camber for
the Z06, amazingly factory set, is -0.75 degrees front, and -0.25 degrees rear.

The front anti-roll bar is 30mm in diameter and is tubular (to save weight). The rear anti-roll bar
is 21.7mm in diameter. The shocks are 45mm in diameter. The base Corvette FE1 suspension features a 23mm front anti-roll
bar, a 19mm rear anti-roll bar, and 36mm-wide shocks. The optional Z51 package, which can be ordered on coupes, features
the FE3 suspension which includes a 28.6mm front anti-roll bar, and a 21.7mm rear anti-roll bar, but which retains the
36mm-wide stock shocks.
Here.............

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here......

it only tells you the rear spring rate.
What about the front spring rate

and whats the conversion to lbs from Newtons?

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts