Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right! I have to admit it, It was still fun :thumb: Obsviously it was in the 1/4 :pp: ...

I decided to get a couple runs in before I get that rich condition tuned, It was so Hot yesterday I decided to go in my stock F1s, my first pass was a 12.53 @ 113.6, then hot lapped 2nd with a horrible 60ft, and 3rd with a missed 3rd...

I tried to cool down for a final pass since it was so hot I just wanted to go and relax, but I couldnt do it, I went back to the lanes and I got next to a civic all stripped and riced out, but I wanted to hear my car to get a good last pass so I backed out of that one and I went next to a 03-04 cobra, he was on DRs but most of all Kenne belled and even a Electric water pump, as he was waiting the pump was cooling it down :eek:o: ...

so then we lined up and I gave it no time to get behind, I even redlighted :lol:eek:n purpose :D , I got a good jump but his power pushed him flying throught the 1/8 and then on top ofcourse he didnt get up much more but he add plently from 0-100mph to smoke me :eek:o: , 11.88 @ 122 to my 12.54 @ 113.5mph...

the funny part about it, is by me trying to get a jump start just for funs :lol: , later on I realized he red lighted too :lol: , either way, it was fun, I spent 45 minutes at the track and got what I wanted, and had alot of fun, It was my best on F1s, 1.88 60ft, but Im losing so much power from the 10.9:1 AF that my mph on the 1/8 showed it, 87mph :NoNo: , the lowest I ever seen was 90mph, and that was bone stock without the V-ram, hopefully a headers and a tune will get me back to 11s :z: :coo: :pp:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i feel your pain.. those things pull very hard in second and third.. we only have a 1/8 mile track here.. i beat him one .. and he beat me one..
my battle is with those damn suby wrx sti's.. they get out of the hole soooo fast.. i am reeling him in when i hit third. .. but the ride is over.. a quarter mile track i'd eat him up..
this year i have NOS.. we will see ... now.. i havn't made it to the track yet..
but i will

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, 1/8 definetely is worst versus cars like the cobra and STIs, we really need a 1/2 mile for them :coo:

but Im not hurting in any way, keene belled cobras pull at least 550rwhp if not 600rwhp :jawdrop: to my 350rwhp :eek::

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Oh....so that's where you were yesterday! Don and I missed you coming to the show at criswell's. We thought for sure you'd be there, but then I guess getting beat by a mudstang is better...:p J/K Luis! :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSiska said:
Oh....so that's where you were yesterday! Don and I missed you coming to the show at criswell's. We thought for sure you'd be there, but then I guess getting beat by a mudstang is better...:p J/K Luis! :yeadog:
Im sure it was a blast up there, I had a co-worker here who owns a 99 FRC go up there and he told me a few about it, John Polino? maybe you know him?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSiska said:
Thanx Mike :blush: :roll: :rofl: I got it on Vid though, It looks like I beat him because of the head start and better 60ft :p , but then again I beat a Loud Big Block monte Carlo( he was missing a few Cylinder though), I also got a really loud T/A and I think another the 2005 Mustang on DRs and all the bolt ons, If not then I sure got him already during the winter for sure :jammin: Believe or not other then being really really hot, It was the best 45 minutes of racing I ever did and put hardly any abuse on my car, the Hurst is getting better and better everyday :cheers:

But Im sure the Car show was cooler and better :bang:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Thats right! I have to admit it, It was still fun :thumb: Obsviously it was in the 1/4 :pp: ...

I decided to get a couple runs in before I get that rich condition tuned, It was so Hot yesterday I decided to go in my stock F1s, my first pass was a 12.53 @ 113.6, then hot lapped 2nd with a horrible 60ft, and 3rd with a missed 3rd...

I tried to cool down for a final pass since it was so hot I just wanted to go and relax, but I couldnt do it, I went back to the lanes and I got next to a civic all stripped and riced out, but I wanted to hear my car to get a good last pass so I backed out of that one and I went next to a 03-04 cobra, he was on DRs but most of all Kenne belled and even a Electric water pump, as he was waiting the pump was cooling it down :eek:o: ...

so then we lined up and I gave it no time to get behind, I even redlighted :lol:eek:n purpose :D , I got a good jump but his power pushed him flying throught the 1/8 and then on top ofcourse he didnt get up much more but he add plently from 0-100mph to smoke me :eek:o: , 11.88 @ 122 to my 12.54 @ 113.5mph...

the funny part about it, is by me trying to get a jump start just for funs :lol: , later on I realized he red lighted too :lol: , either way, it was fun, I spent 45 minutes at the track and got what I wanted, and had alot of fun, It was my best on F1s, 1.88 60ft, but Im losing so much power from the 10.9:1 AF that my mph on the 1/8 showed it, 87mph :NoNo: , the lowest I ever seen was 90mph, and that was bone stock without the V-ram, hopefully a headers and a tune will get me back to 11s :z: :coo: :pp:
Sounds like fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts