Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the day. Went in to work late last night (until ~3am!) so I could take today off and do the install. And all I can say is, "SWEEEET!!!"

TPIS long-tubes, corsa x-pipe, pulled the cats, and the stock Ti cat-back. Car sounds PERFECT. Sounds stock at idle and around town. Stand on it, and it's almost got a singing falsetto sound.. I love it /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I can't really tell if the car feels faster... it's SUPER humid outside (so the car feels kinda poochy anyways) and I'd imagine the PCM needs to 'relearn'.

Best part was that we don't have a welder yet, and had to drive it ~15 miles to our exhaust guy. Open headers sounds WAY cool, but it gets old fast (especially when I had to step on the clutch to let the car idle every time I passed a cop.) I took the video camera:

http://www.nastyperformance.com/Jim/jimsz061.rm

Holy cow the video does the VOLUME of the car NO justice.

I'm going to US41 on Saturday... with my new NP intake, the LT's and exhaust I'm hoping to maybe set a new personal record (tho I don't expect to, supposed to be 90-something and humid /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

http://www.nastyperformance.com

'01 Z06 - 12.42 @ 113.96 stock (new times to come)
'01 GSX-R750

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
ok, was that video with the open headers or not? I couldnt really tell from the video.

If that is with the mufflers, uhh shit. I think I need some

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm jealous!! Did they happen to have an extra set packed in there?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the video was open headers. It was SOOOOO loud. The video doesn't really do a good job of showing how loud it was /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

With the Xpipe and stock Ti mufflers connected, at idle the car pretty much sounds stock.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I REALLY liked the way the exhaust note crackles when its coming down off the revs

damn, sounds a LOT like a stock car

damn, i need headers

·
Registered
680 Posts
Way Cool /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Will you still be able to pass emissions?

I listened thru my headphones.....Awesome!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pass emissions? Doubt it. I'll have to throw cats at it for that. Will probably re-do the X-pipe, and flange it so I can swap in cats easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts