Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the carpeted one they sell from Ecklers. The front side has the Corvette lettering and the carpet matched that of the rear of the car. The back side is not carpeted and is gray. It slides into place, its about 1/8 inch larger than where it fits, the foam pushing against the car is what holds it in place. There is no tape or other means necessary to hold the item. Total install time - 2 minutes. I took the car out for a ride and the noise difference is considerable. Less road noise is present and the stereo sounds better.

Not bad for $89 delivered! They are now $99 - get them while they are hot! Here's a link to Ecklers with the part -

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=41631&dept_id=1598

This picture is a little deceiving, it makes it look like the partition is darker than the carpet. The lighter color in the front of the picture is the lip behind the seats showing up brighter because of the flash. All the carpet in this picture is the same color.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Looks good Joe :cool:.

...I thought Ecklers was selling these for $49 ?? I guess with corvette embroidered on them the price doubles? LOL

Actually I am interested in how much sound deadening they provide so your comments are very valuable to me. Thanks.:cool:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice pics. Noticed you mentioned the item was 1/8" larger than the space it captures.? The one Nate(ExtremeMotorsports) sells is the opposite. It is a tad shorter in height so that when one closes the trunk,the air has a gap to escape,enhancing the ease of shutting the trunk lid. Have you noticed any significance in having to close the deck lid harder,in lieu of not having that space? And your car doors?
Zman

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you noticed any significance in having to close the deck lid harder,in lieu of not having that space? And your car doors?
Zman
No, the doors and trunk close the same way they did before. Of course, I don't slam the trunk down, I pull it down by the latch and then with my hand on the emblem, push it down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That looks good, Phil. Glad you got it.

When I installed mine, I noticed a lot less noise from the tires and better tunes from the radio.

Buddy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks like this one sits a lot further forward than Nate's design.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
catphish said:
Looks like this one sits a lot further forward than Nate's design.
Nope, they both look like they sit in the same spot. The top edge of the partition will be just under the bottom of the rear window, and just behind the rear speakers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got mine today. Noise level is now much lower:D
Would be nice if the back had carpet on it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Ecklers rep told me trunk side had carpet and was embroidered. I looked in their catalog and it shows the nice side from the trunk. I asked about the other side and he said it's plain black vinyl. It arrived today with plain foam, not covered.. WTF :-?

They actually think the plain foam side to the passenger compartment is okay :lol: I don't think so. I will be calling them on Monday to air my concerns. I'll just end up getting some nice material for the otherside and that will be in the trunk side.. but who the hell thought this one up? It's probably the only way they could get a decent photo of it for the catalog... otherwise it might cost another $3.50 for carpet on the other side and there goes the 200% profit margin on this baby..

I mean really Ecklers.. Plain foam inside the cockpit, are they kidding.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
thx2.net,

This guy you talked to at Ecklers, must have been high on exhaust fumes! The carpeted side is the cockpit side! The partition will fit either way. The plain foam side (trunk) can be finished off in vinyl or carpeting easily and inexpensively. I did mine (trunk side) in black vinyl for $7 which included the adhesive.
I agree with you , that, they should of done both sides in carpeting.

carzzy

·
Registered
878 Posts
Whoever did the catalog was also breathing them..

Page 2A..

"Quiet Ride" Compartment Divider
... Available with black carpet on one side and edges (to trunk side) or without carpet. The photo is a picture from the Trunk looking in.. I can't believe these guys..

Yep, going to the fabric store tomorrow.. we'll see what looks :cool:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Word of caution !!!!

If you glue vinyl without any stiching - It will fall off.You might wanna go to an upholstery shop and have them sew a slip cover that slides over it with a zipper at the bottom,It will be alot of work to get it just perfect so be prepared to spend some bucks with a professional .

They seem to be making it hard to buy a perfect foam partition .

Maybe I should make them while the patend is still pending.

HMMMMMMMMM, What would yo pay for a foam partition that is covered on both sides!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
For the people who have these partitions... I am curious to know...

Does the addition of the partition create a tighter seal in the cabin in that it now takes MORE effort than usual to close the doors or the trunk?

I read somewhere that Ferraris that have the same type of doors as the C5 and that their windows automatically lower upon opening the door, just enough so that the doors can close practically effortlessly. And when the doors are closed, the windows go back up creating the tight seal.

GM needs to do this in their future Vettes.

If someone could design a "Windows Commander" variant that does this... "The Z06Vette.com Windows Commander!" That would sell bigtime!

But I digress from my original question...

Does the addition of the partition create a tighter seal in the cabin in that it now takes MORE effort than usual to close the doors or the trunk?

Don

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Don 527,

I have the Ecklers partition and the doors and trunk close the same as they did before I added the partition.:)

carzzy

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Andy, If you could make a foam partition, carpeted on both sides, that matches exactly with the Z06's carpeting, I would think $125 would be a fair price.

carzzy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
don527 said:
For the people who have these partitions... I am curious to know...

I read somewhere that Ferraris that have the same type of doors as the C5 and that their windows automatically lower upon opening the door, just enough so that the doors can close practically effortlessly. And when the doors are closed, the windows go back up creating the tight seal.

GM needs to do this in their future Vettes.

If someone could design a "Windows Commander" variant that does this... "The Z06Vette.com Windows Commander!" That would sell bigtime!

But I digress from my original question...

Don
Don,
That was the purpose of leaving approximately 1/8"-1/4" gap on the top of the Partition...so the doors and the deck lid would shut
okay....At least Nates' Partition is made like that...
Regards!
Zman

1 - 20 of 22 Posts