Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we say MB Quart! I am working on a pretty neat install, will be done in a month or so....pics to come later.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Man, those a beautiful! :yeadog: Put some power into those and you won't be able to hear that Magnacharger work. :sneaky: Look forward to the finished product with sound clips. ;)

Bob

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Quart makes a fine speaker and those two look great! Should sound killer. :cool:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Don't blow out your back window :) :cool:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Better add another 50 ponies to the Z to pull the xtra weight.:lol:

They look sweet, and should sound even better:thumb:

Jack

·
Registered
967 Posts
Never understood people buying a Z06, then adding 100 lbs of stereo equipment to the rear, castrating the perfect balance and handling of the Z...... :bang:

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tlaselva said:
Never understood people buying a Z06, then adding 100 lbs of stereo equipment to the rear, castrating the perfect balance and handling of the Z...... :bang:

Just my 2 cents....
i will take it out for the track

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
tlaselva said:

Just my 2 cents....
I thought the weight balance was 51/49...wouldn't this balance it out?? :p

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I made a CD of my Z on the track at speed and I play it,while I'm driving.That's my favorite song. :jammin: "Rumble" by the Cubic Inches. :jammin:They're much better live though. :z:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Z06 greg said:
I made a CD of my Z on the track at speed and I play it,while I'm driving.That's my favorite song. :jammin: "Rumble" by the Cubic Inches. :jammin:They're much better live though. :z:
i want a copy!! :)

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
You keep showing how much $$$$ you have to spend on the Z.
We may have to re-negotiate our beer/cot ratio $$ for the Fest there Adam!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ken

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kens06 said:
You keep showing how much $$$$ you have to spend on the Z.
We may have to re-negotiate our beer/cot ratio $$ for the Fest there Adam!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ken
Dont let the mods throw u, i am a good negotiator! I did not pay for alot of my mods. I will bring a trunk full of beer for ya guys....what kind u like? I am debating whether to bring my mickey thompson ET streets. i dont know how i would fit them in the car though

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Cool Adam!!
I'm just wondering how Frank, Dean and the RatPack will sound on that system!!

Ken

PS 'Ratpack' means Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know who they are...lol. They should sound very good with the tweeters helping out the highs. I will bring a mix cd for ya

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
What kind of components will you be running? What are your other choices for amplifiers? I personally think Memphis and JL audio makes some of the baddest amps on the market.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just put in a new sound system also. Huge improvement over the stock stuff. I added a JL amp, JL stealthbox, Boston Acoustic Pro60s in the doors, Boston Acoustic 5 1/4" rear fill and Alpine 9835 head unit. I added only 29 pounds! While the Pro60's cost me 600 bucks and only being a 6 1/2", they are the best sounding speaker I've heard. The clarity on these things is amazing! I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The Focal Utopia's I used to have run about $1100 a pair, :eek: :jawdrop: but you wanna talk about some amazing sounding speakers. I don't know if there is a better component out there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts