Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is unreal. Not sure how to put it any other way. But it does make me crave more! :)

Just wondering how others have "beefed" theirs up to get more HP. What are some ways to boost HP without spending another 50K? hehe

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just keep reading all of the threads and you will see what everyone has done. Read the signatures also for the lists of mods done to the cars.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Need more info from you. What do you want to do with the car? How much do you want to spend? Where will it be driven (everyday driver or weekend track racer)? hehe <-- (what is this?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'hehe' is just a small chuckle/laugh/giggle, etc. :)

"what do you want to do with the car...."

everyday driver for sure. Will be at the track a few times a month. Don't really want to spend much more than 2k or so. I'm just looking for the 'obvious' smaller mods that would boost the HP a bit. Guess it doesn't need to be 500 HP right off. I want to make sure I have few problems qualifying at the tryouts, hehe.

Don't really want anything crazy stickin out of the hood, don't really want nitro in there quite yet.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
choke

How much better???????

We have a few guy's doing L_O_W 12.1x's now with stock 2001's.......We have one that has busted the 11.985 barrier.........same thing.......bone stock......tires also.

Driving skill seems to be a much BIGGER factor than ponies.......
I have been amazed at the Umpteen dozens of guy's running 15-
20 mods, and having 100-150 HP PLUS over these guy's, and are at best running the same times or Worse.............

So, for BETTER times, seems a driving school, or just PRACTICE, as Ranger & Powershifter keep repeating is THE way to better numbers......

I find it truly gratifying, that these guys have PROVEN what CAN be accomplished with a bone stock ZEE.........knowing I am driving a car that CAN & Would run in the low 12.xx's-high 11.xx's, stock, on street tires.....is a major BIG SMILE........(with the right Technique's)......

·
Registered
420 Posts
Either nitrous or heads and cams. That's about it. My '01 has LT Headers, Sidewinder, X-pipe, exhaust, and pulley and I just pulled a 374rwhp/368rwtq today. To be at 500 in the engine you'll need like 425rwhp, and that takes heads/cam.

·
Registered
214 Posts
fwiw, I modded my last car quite a bit...headers, box, gmaf, maf trans, pullies, exhaust, high flow cats, iridium and spiro cores, etc....I think I am staying stock on this one. Good luck on the search for 500!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts