Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, picked her up after work on Friday just in time for the extended weekend.

Drove her until 2 in the morning, man this things rocks.

For those of you that live here in the Bay Area I took her up Hwy 9 in the Santa Cruz Mountians at 1:00 AM, to test out the handling. Oh my god this thing doesn't handle like it is on rails, it handles like it is on SUPER rails. I mean it's really as easy as point and shoot. I tried to get the active handling to kick in, but I chickened out before the car did. I had a 2000 Hardtop, but the Z makes the 2000 FRC look like a Yugo.

My apoligies to the break-in gods, as I have sinned. I just couldn't resist it. I did a couple a WOT with only a couple hundred miles on her and took her to 5500 RPM or so. I feel good about her though. So far, no sticky brakes like the 2000 FRC and keeping my fingers crossed on the oil consumption. I think I got a good one though, I can feel it. AS of right now she has 390 miles.

One quick question for you all, my car came with the body side moldings and I want them removed, for those of you that have had them removed from the dealer, is there any concerns I should have or is it pretty easy for the dealer to do?

Well thanks for letting me share my excitment with you all, I am proud to join the Z06 family.

Donovan

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congratulations and join the club! I know exactly what you mean by your comments on the car's handling. I had the chance to carve some canyons recently and the cornering and steering are unbelievable. They got the suspension and tires oh-so-right on this car. Now if only they can beef up what's under the hood! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
30 Posts
I drove mine like I stole it with only 11 miles on it.

I figure that's the way the car sould be driven anyhow. I have serious self control issues to begin with./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Donovan,

Congrats on your new Z!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

The bodyside moldings are easily removed with no concerns.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats!!! I'm TRYING to get miles on mine, only 198 now..

And, oh how I wish I had these things you call "canyons" in Nebraska.. Hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts