Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well almost.
Tony (Holedigger) got AntiVenom's dyno in the ground last week and dynojet finally sent the speed sensor. I had Jim Lembo's and sonofadragracer's car on and off all day yesterday until after midnight.
Going back today to tune a couple of cars. This is the greatest thing since velcro shoelaces. :thumb:

Had a bone stock white '99 FRC that pulled 289.7 and with a little PCM tuning managed to get just under 300 out of her.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats!! :thumb: Tom, are you going to do any mail order tunes, for those that can't make to your location? :z:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
IT L GO said:
Congrats!! :thumb: Tom, are you going to do any mail order tunes, for those that can't make to your location? :z:

Got my benchtop set up a few months back. Comes in and goes out the same day in most cases. For mail orders I go through my .bin files and get a car with mods as close to yours as I can get and write over your file. I will be getting most of the scanning programs on the market so I can read your scan and really tweak it.
PM me for the details. :)

I've been wrestling with the idea to become a supportting vendor but I really don't want to quit my role here as Senior Moderator. I've been here since day 2. I think some might find a conflict of interest.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Conflict?
Tom, your insight and knowledge is valued WAAAAAAY beyond mere $$$$'s, here, so whatever HAS to happen, make it happen, man!
Sr Mod, or Hot Rod Mod, DON'T disappear... :ity:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
What kind of #'s did Jim's car lay down after the HC swap Tom?

Thanks Jack

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gsjack said:
What kind of #'s did Jim's car lay down after the HC swap Tom?

Thanks Jack
Just under 450 RWHP Jack. I was hoping for more but the Vararam is holding it back IMO.
Hell even with the temps down at 60 degrees the IAT was still 6-8 degrees over ambient.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Thanks Tom, When i called Jim last night, y'all were just strapping his Z down to the dyno. He could not have been happier with the time you spent working on dialing his puter in with the tune. Looking forward to seeing the new dyno and hopefully paying to get a couple of pulls to see where my Z #'s out. :cool:

Jack

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gsjack said:
Thanks Tom, When i called Jim last night, y'all were just strapping his Z down to the dyno. He could not have been happier with the time you spent working on dialing his puter in with the tune. Looking forward to seeing the new dyno and hopefully paying to get a couple of pulls to see where my Z #'s out. :cool:

Jack
Going to be doing a dyno day real soon Jack. I'll finish your tune then. :)
Hope that flu isn't kicking your butt too bad. Stay well my friend.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
FRC Tom said:
Going to be doing a dyno day real soon Jack. I'll finish your tune then. :)
Hope that flu isn't kicking your butt too bad. Stay well my friend.
Give us a heads up when the dyno day will be Tom. :ity:

The flu is nasty :puke:

Thanks Bro :thumb:

Jack

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PowerPro01 said:
Conflict?
Tom, your insight and knowledge is valued WAAAAAAY beyond mere $$$$'s, here, so whatever HAS to happen, make it happen, man!
Sr Mod, or Hot Rod Mod, DON'T disappear... :ity:
Thanks for the kind words Bob. ;)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats Tom! I'm usually down in FL a couple of weeks a year...I'll have to come by and check the shop out the next time I'm down. :coo:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
case2307 said:
Congrats Tom! I'm usually down in FL a couple of weeks a year...I'll have to come by and check the shop out the next time I'm down. :coo:
Please do case, see you at the Fest. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Good luck Tom. I hope everything goes well for you on the tuning and dynos. If I still have my Z06 when I move back to Florida, I will have to make a drive over and see you. Since the dealer here in Texas "reflashed" (column lock recall) my computer when I took it in to get the fuel senders replaced, I have to get it tuned again. When Ernie did it for me a couple of years ago, we picked up 18 rwhp & rwt with the tune for my mods. So, I know there is plenty left to be replaced on my car now. See you soon. :thumb:

Good luck buddy!

Don

FRC Tom said:
Please do case, see you at the Fest. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Hey guys, Greg's (Antivenom) new shop with the dyno is very sweet, helped him do some painting over there last weekend. Will be putting my car on the dyno over there this week.

Between the great mechanical work that Greg can do, and the tuning Tom can do, its a really good combo, and will make for a formidable shop in the Tampa area.

Mark

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
FRC Tom said:
Had a bone stock white '99 FRC that pulled 289.7 and with a little PCM tuning managed to get just under 300 out of her.
Just remember- yall aren't allowed to make Don's car any faster than mine :lol: He decided to sell his Eclipse and buy the FRC after riding around with me in Nov. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts