Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2002 Z06 back from Straightline Performance in Illinois. They installed a Level 4 Transmission from RPM Transmissions in Indiana and a LS7 clutch.

The car doesn't have much done to it but I'm still pretty happy with the Dyno results. With LG Longtube headers, intake, and no cats the tuner managed to get 390 out of her :)

I've only driven it a few miles so far but the LS7 clutch feels great and I'm happy to be driving again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great. Curious why you went with an LS7 clutch instead of an aftermarket.
I wanted to keep the stock-ish feel and I'm not planning on going over 500 at the wheels. Heads and cam will be the only other thing I will probably do to it. The shop recommended just the LS7 clutch for that, they said they have had a lot of C5 customers go that route and I trusted them on it. Good choice? Maybe? lol

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I can't speak for LS7 clutches in C5 cars but I have heard pretty good things about them. With that being said, my C6Z is making 483 RWHP and my clutch is on the edge of it's limits. I think you'll be fine until the mod bug bites again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping that mod bug doesn't bite too soon lol. I have an 8 month old now and I want to buy a bigger place so at this point I'll just be happy if the lady lets me keep it! haha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts