Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
i posted below as well before, but now have finished uploading pics...
its a VHO 8000K kit from Jason at:cen:if ur interested, tell him Aj sent ya!

soo, install was a breeze! i used the bracket mounting bolt from the foglights to secure the ballast. there is a ton of room in that pocket for the wires to dangle freely if u wanted, but i secured mine with zip ties.

overall, i love them! u can see the difference b/w stock and HID..im going to drive around tonight and see how much they differ from stock...

only problem right now, is the headlights won't go down all the way...im worried about this, although the sleepy eyed look looks kinda cool...

any questions...feel free!

soo here are the pics!

Aj

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
What a difference. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Those look pretty bright.I hate it when I see those coming at me. :lol: I would check to see if all that wiring isn't hanging up on something or is too short.If they wont go down somethings getting squished.

·
Registered
292 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, got the night time shots!
the first one is not very good, as the bulb was still warming up... im sorry i didn't snap a shot of that...but soon i will... keep in mind, the bulbs need to burn themselves in, so the blotchy areas will be filled in as usage increases..

here they are!

Aj

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have 4300K H4 HIDs in T84 housings, and all I can say is poop. The only way to fly is with a projector. The light is incredibly bright, but the beam pattern is just crap -- absolute crap. I am donating my car to a local vendor to see if he can fabricate C5 projectors. The lights are the one thing that have driven me nuts.

-N

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
WOW! Big difference. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice. :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
HIDs

Hey you say your lights wont go all the way down... I had the HIDs installed also and it happens the same, so when you turn the lights off make sure you put the high beams on before you close the lights..that should help, I have to do it everytime I turn my lights off..hope this helps! :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive had nothing but trouble when i mess with the existing light set up, whether its headlight, DRL, whatever. Ill post some pics of cracked housings, etc. that have led to many more (ie. expensive) issues. My .02

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mexican Z06: i'll try that, never actually thought of turning them off with the highs on...LOL

Z06phile: like i stated above im buying C5R's, i have only put in the bulbs to allow them to break themselves in (aka burn in). so by the time i put the C5R's on, the bulbs will be lit to full potential... i too do not like them in the stock housing, but it is a vast improvement over stock!
Aj

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fastashe** said:
Ive had nothing but trouble when i mess with the existing light set up, whether its headlight, DRL, whatever. Ill post some pics of cracked housings, etc. that have led to many more (ie. expensive) issues. My .02
are u talkin about the C5R's??? i hope not!!! the stock housing is pretty simple actually, they shouldn't crack at any point?? did u have an accident or something? maybe the previous owner did??
Aj

·
Registered
9 Posts
whenever I change a stock bulb, in any application, with aftermarket, some problem arises. Even if the aftermarket bulb doesnt fail directly SOMETHING ends up being messed up. Just had to replace drl housings because bulbs heated up and cracked housing, creating H20 and seat probs, which in turn caused turn signal prob. Inside housing found glass from aftermarket clear bulb, which were replaced back with stock, too late. IM just very nervous with nonstock bulbs- yellow lens', etc. I may have terrible luck with lights- but I dont mess anymore...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I thought that HID's were supposed to have less heat? I am looking to doing a converison soon and am curious about what will be required. Has anyone else had a problem with the headlights not going all of the way down? I have talked to a few vendors and they say that it is extremely rare and that if it occurs a $3 relay can correct the problem. Can anyone else shed some light on this?
Thanks!
-matt

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
actually, i figured out the easy and free way to get the doors to go down...simply put on the high beams before u shut the lights off..shut them off and viola, doors go all the way down!

as for heat issues, HID's use less wattage then conventional bulbs, thus less heat. they are totally safe and will not melt any wiring or housing. i am using it right now for about a week and they are great! the light output is soo much better than even the high beams!!!

next week i will begin to install the C5R headlights... it will be a task, but sure worth it...
Aj

1 - 18 of 18 Posts