Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2001 Z and had a stinkin' ball with it. Tracked it a good bit. A two day track event at Mid Ohio was one of the greatest experiences of my life!

Not sorry I sold it several years ago, but I have "the itch" again. I got my '01 because of the performance for dollar. Crazy high. Now I'm turning my sites to a C6 Z. I probably won't track it more than once or twice. I feel like I have to go out to the track at least once to feel first hand what the car was designed to do.

My perception is that the 2009 and later are a bit less likely to have issues. Thoughts on that? Budget is an issue, but something around 2009 is within reason.

When it comes to options, where is a good place to see what options were offered by year?

I'm thinking black with the mod red interior. I have always wanted a HUD. I'd like nav.

I want to "linger" over the research and finding of the right Z. Like savoring a fine wine. I plan on enjoying the entire process. The thought of having just the right Z06 sitting in my garage is awesome.

All thoughts welcomed. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Congrats on setting your sights on an awesome performance car.

I admire all years of the c6 z06 so I can't really suggest one year over the other.

What I can say is welcome to the site.

Good luck hunting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been very pleased with our 2009 Z06. Rock solid performer, reliable, and a blast to drive. Relatively easy and reasonable to maintain.

These are beautiful, aggressive cars with a sinister look. They are a tremendous performance value!

Good luck with your search - and enjoy the process. I sure did!

·
Registered
166 Posts
The C6Z06 is definitely a fun car. Just be sure you get one that the valve guide problem has been taken care of or buy a 2012 or newer. I believe in February of 2011 GM corrected they problem.

Only thing I would like to have in mine is a lower gear. Unfortunately nobody makes a ring and pinion. At least for me, first gear is too tall to get good consistent launches at the drag strip.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
"I'm thinking black with the mod red interior."

I have a black 2007 Z. It is beautiful when clean. But even sitting in the garage it attracts dust. Have you ever had a black one? I've have my first and last black car right now. I think the C6 looks best in black, but keeping it looking good is more work than I anticipated. I won't make that mistake twice.

Otherwise I have no mechanical issues. The roof that used to fly off some has been warrantied. I never had any issues. I have a cold air intake, Callaway shifter and Corsa exhaust with X pipe. At about 29,000 miles nothing passes me unless I allow it.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
"I'm thinking black with the mod red interior."

I have a black 2007 Z. It is beautiful when clean. But even sitting in the garage it attracts dust. Have you ever had a black one? I've have my first and last black car right now. I think the C6 looks best in black, but keeping it looking good is more work than I anticipated. I won't make that mistake twice.

Otherwise I have no mechanical issues. The roof that used to fly off some has been warrantied. I never had any issues. I have a cold air intake, Callaway shifter and Corsa exhaust with X pipe. At about 29,000 miles nothing passes me unless I allow it.
This is a great testament.

Mental Note: Don't make the same mistake twice and keep your top on. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts