Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a fun night, finally got to run an 03 Cobra. The guy was cool and even sent me the vid. Im still bone stock and he has a few mods so they turned out pretty good runs. http://www.bizcast.net/03cobra vs 03Z06.wmv

His mods:
2003 Cobra Convertible
2.76 BF Pulley W/ 4 idlers
K&N FIPK
UPR X Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
315/35/17 Nitto 555R's
Predator w/ Amazon Dyno Tune
Best 1/4 11.9 60' 1.81 Mph 116.91

So, in ricer terms, I suppose I could hit 11's too if I could get better than my 2.5 60' lol.
The bad part of the evening was me hitting the deer on the way home

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Nice work. I love Z06's. I've raced a few 03/04 Cobras in my stock Z06s and got every one of them. :jammin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry about the deer -sometimes there's just nothing you can do to avoid hitting them. You beat that s/c Cobra pretty badly on every run. Makes me feel good to own a ZO6 after watching that!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Nice video! Its very sportman of him to share his submissions. I got some good videos on the way as well. Hopefully I get them soon enough. As for his driving skills....well, I'd say his shifting skills are a little .....slow? Hmmmm......

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nice video. I ran into one two weeks ago but he didn't want to play :(

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice run. Sorry about the deer incident.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good run! How much damage from the deer hit? :cry:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deer jumped at the last second so there was no impact. This thing jumped the whole front end of my car but it drug its hoof across the hood and gave one last kick as he landed. Nothing busted and no dents. Just some scratches that looked really bad at first, but they mostly rubbed right out. You can still see them some from certain angles in the light, but not bad at all. It could have been alot worse.

The guy in the Cobra was really cool. He said he was a bit rusty on the shifts. Im still surprised at the outcome. He's putting down 473hp and 506tq at the rear wheels and Im bone stock right down to the paper filter. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
265 Posts
If he's putting down that much power, he must have been starting in the wrong gear. Those cars are formidable opponents in stock form, with his HP I would have expected you to lose from a roll (since your stock). It doesn't matter though you won!

Now no more street racing, take it to the track. :mah:

Dave

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sounds like the Cobra motor does not rev as high as the Z. Seeing these videos makes me love my Z even more. Had an opprtunity to crush a Honda S2000 on the backroad twisties yesterday--the fool thought he could outrun me! I gave up the fun before it really got started as I was running real low on gas and needed to limp home with low revs because I was out in the boonies. Oh well, rice hunting is almost as fun as Ford chasing! :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great Vid, you were moving out. It is funny how I could of heard the video and guessed it was from inside an 03 cobra without looking! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice vid, and kills. The Cobra driver needs some practice driving.

Bruce

·
Registered
64 Posts
That was some hideous driving from the Cobra! Not sure how you pulled like that on a almost 500hp Cobra but hey, you got it on vid....Congrats

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He didn't want to shift hard because he's trying to sell it and doesn't want to break it. He has ran 11's with that setup though. Were going to get some more runs from maybe a 70mph roll so theres less shifting. I really doubt I will win this time, but its all fun.

·
Registered
624 Posts
My friend recently raced an 03/04 cobra that claimed he had 470 rwhp and 480 rwtq. My friend's Z06 has 430 rwhp and 400 rwtq. The cars were fairly even, but the Z pulled one length on the top end.

The same Z ran 12.1 at 118 w/ 388 rwhp and 380 rwtq.

And the conculsion is--you can't draw a conclusion. . .

·
Registered
624 Posts
The guy in the Cobra was really cool. He said he was a bit rusty on the shifts. Im still surprised at the outcome. He's putting down 473hp and 506tq at the rear wheels and Im bone stock right down to the paper filter. Does that sound right?[/QUOTE]

and he's only running 116 mph??????

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
With him weighing around 3700-3800lbs and you 3100 he would need roughly 70-80 more hp than you to be even. His mph sounds low, I would think with that kind of power he would be in the 119-122mph and low 11's; must spin allot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
He should have beaten you from a roll with his mods. He might have some bad belt slip even with the idlers with a small upper pulley. From a dig I would not be surprised to see you win. It took me a year before I could launch mine.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Really enjoyed the Vid. He (the Slobra) should have done a lot better than he did with his mods. :coo:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts