Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2017 3LZ Z06. Somewhere in the middle of South Dakota last week (at about 2,000 miles on the odometer) between the Spearfish Black Hills Corvette Rally and Lake Oahe for walleye fishing, the GPS indicator on the Nav screen showed an "X" thru "GPS". The compass also said "CAL". So I tried driving in circles to reset the compass hoping that would fix the problem but no luck. Apparently there have been issues since 2015. Any advice on the fix? There seems to be a variety of opinions. I don't want to tear out the dash just to fix what might be a wiring problem and not a problem with the unit. Otherwise everything on the car is fabulous. I couldn't be happier. What a magnificent car. I'm back in Great Falls and the car still thinks it is in South Dakota.:frown2:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Imagine if the car where autonomous, you could still be in South Dakota!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I was still fishing, that would be okay with me. The car still goes like stink even if it doesn't know where it is going!:grin2:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the Z06 in last Monday to local Chevy dealer. They looked at it and said their best electronics tech was on vacation the rest of the week and they thought it best that he fix the problem . So I brought it back this morning. The word was they might have to take out the whole dash and if that didn’t provide access to the problem then off would come the rear facia. I left the car at the dealer feeling like I needed to go to the emergency room for treatment.

Then good news-it was only a loose connection. Here is the text of the work order:

“run on GDS2 B2462 04 GPS open code.. look up bulletins and diagnostics.. document # 3941316 has you remove dash to access the splitter and install EL-49903-1.. call TAC 8-3165926357 to see if there was common problem to short cut.. no help.. decided to go to VCIM first and hook up EL-49903-1.. found loose connection at VCIM connector 7.. plug in good and check operation.. clear code and put back together.”

Works great now. Problem solved.:smile2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
First Corvette ever I cannot be more pleased with the acceleration and handling of this car I turn off the radio just to listen to the engine. Always brings a smile to my face when you smash the gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts