Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local Vet club, Corvette Club of Michigan, rented Waterford Hills road Course yesterday for a driving school on the 1.5 mile course.

This was not a racing event, but a driving experience to learn how to handle your car better and proper ways to approach, enter, and exit the turns. They had 3 levels of experience and of course, I had a ball! My instructor was Danny Kellermeyer, long time Vet enthusiast and race driver. He holds the all time track record at Waterford Hills, and let me tell you that is a distinguished title because W.H. has been there for over 20 years! Other instructors were John Heinricy, our own Todd Lamb (Lambinator), Jim Minneker, Jeff Nowicki from Specter Werks, and a number of top-notch experienced racers from our club. Thanks to all of you for sharing your day and experience with us students!

Also a special thanks to Lambinator for lending me one of his helmets! Applause here.

Beside the wonderful day on the track, I was oogling & drooling over the cars parked in the pit area:

5-6 different Mallet prepared C5's, including one that competed in the One Lap of America!

One Black Mallett Convertible (not allowed on the track because insurance requires roll bars)

One club member who showed up with his 3 car enclosed custom trailer....neatly parked in a row were his Lingenfelter built ZR1, his wife's Doug Rippie built hardtop, and his black Z06! (all it takes is money guys!)

John Heinricy showed up in his awesome full-race ready Corvette!

Jeff Nowicki in his stunning Torch Red Group 5 GTR Vette, and he drove it there!

Yes, I was impressed at what I saw at a local weekday event.....but wait, there's more! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

About 2pm an all black Ford Pickup pulls in towing a matching black 3 car custom enclosed trailer with "Mallet" lettering!
Chuck Mallett steps out and his crew unloads the following: A brand new Supercharged Mallett built Z06, 2 pre-production GM Z06's, all black cars! Yes, I talked to Chuck and asked for a brochure to post details on his Supercharged Z06 here, but the car is so new, he didn't have any with him....we exchanged cards (I gave him one of Frank's) and he advised me to call his shop for the brochure of specs. Let me tell you, with his wheel/tire combo, lowered body, and special hood, this car is a head turner!
Chuck and his crew were there for a special "customer appreciation day" on the track today (by invitation only). Shucks!

Before anyone asks for pics, I do not have a digital camera (yet! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) but will post pics after my 35mm filmm is developed.

Also want to say "Hi" to fellow Z06 owner Geoffrey Krause, who showed up in his yellow Z06!

What a day!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming in August!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Sounds like you got to spend the day in Candyland! Great report. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked Mallett Cars web page and their Supercharged package is advertised at 525 rwhp! It is only for the 435 Mallett package because the stock engine could not handle it!

The Zipster /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Zippy... go directly to the nearest 1 hour photo shop... do not pass GO... do not collect $200.

You still sitting there?

Get going! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J/K... can't wait for the pics!

Thanks for sharing...

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Zippy, you are sure running in some high brow circles these days. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Glad you had fun, I know I would have.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Seems like Zippy is Z06Vette's version of Forrest Gump - the man has been everywhere and met everyone!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

j/k Zippy - I'm just major jealous... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Great story, Zipster!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I wish I was in Michigan this week!! You guys have all the fun when I'm not there!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zip, have your pictures placed on a Kodak CD-ROM!! The quality is great and makes better pictures than a scanner.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It was a fun day. DaveP was there as well...for not having much track time this dude knows how to get the car around the track!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Great job Dave!

I had a good time instructing...although it was an enlightening experience riding with some of the other unexperienced drivers...the pucker factor was a little too high for a non-racing event! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Next time I'll have my own car to play with! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
221 Posts
ZIPPY: Great post - As we say here in Texas, you are hanging with the "Big Dogs".

Sounds like a great day, looking forward to seeing those pics.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Very /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif
A pictures is worth a thousand words......... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts