Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my Z06 in to have a window seal replace, and they just called and let me know that they went ahead and performed the recall service for the column lock issue, and reprogrammed my PCM accordingly...

Tell me they didn't just erase the $550 dynotune I had in there. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
My money says that your tune is long gone. :eek:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah, your tune is gone if they did the recall. Hopefully the shop that did the tune still has it on file. If you explain the situation, maybe they won't charge you another $500 for the tune.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
my column lock recall was done long ago, time for a tune :jammin:

hey Z06cam, how did you know you need the window seal replaced? I think I need mine :blush:

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
my column lock recall was done long ago, time for a tune :jammin:

hey Z06cam, how did you know you need the window seal replaced? I think I need mine :blush:

Three clues:: Wet, wind or whine!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NETfiend said:
Yeah, your tune is gone if they did the recall. Hopefully the shop that did the tune still has it on file. If you explain the situation, maybe they won't charge you another $500 for the tune.
The place I had it tuned at didn't save the file... :(

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
IT L GO said:
My money says that your tune is long gone. :eek:

My $$ is on this too. :(

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got an appointment tomorrow at a place in Dallas to get my car dynotuned. It's going to cost me $450, plust gas there and back.

My idle tuning was pretty crappy anyhow. Oh well.. :(

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Tune would be gone. Sorry to hear. I would be pretty mad at the dealer!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I heard it does erase it..i'm going in for my recall but i have both tunes saved ..the stock tune and the final tune..i'm sure your tuner will understand and give u a break..next time save it :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
does your skip shift light come on now ?

that might be a clue for you .

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
ohhh mannn that sh!t just happened to me too.

i went back to the vette doctors and asked him if he had the tune saved. i was told that there's no point in saving the tune. he said they when they do the recall it changes some sort of numbers in the computer and you can't put a previous tune with the old code numbers on it. what's the deal with that???

but my car's got the CAGS back and is starting to really run badly. at first i couldn't but now i can really fel the performance loss. very upset

·
Registered
487 Posts
pczo6 said:
I heard it does erase it..i'm going in for my recall but i have both tunes saved ..the stock tune and the final tune..i'm sure your tuner will understand and give u a break..next time save it :thumb:
You might want to search around the forums because i read that when the dealer reflashes they change segment 1 of the pcm and this will render your old tune useless. you will have to retune on the new "base" that they put in. just a heads up :thumb:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
qs_zo6 said:
You might want to search around the forums because i read that when the dealer reflashes they change segment 1 of the pcm and this will render your old tune useless. you will have to retune on the new "base" that they put in. just a heads up :thumb:

yea, that's what the vette doctors said.

they know their sh!t.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Just a note: once the Dealer does the reprogram you can not go back in and reflash the old tuners program. You have to start from square one and reprogram a new tune like it is a different/new computer that has never been reprogrammed before.

When ever I take the car in for any work I always right in big letters on the service order

"DO NOT REPROGRAM"

I also put the same note on the steering wheel and put tape across the OBDII outlet....like Mission Impossible....so I can tell if someone screwed with it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts