Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum, but wanted to post this.

Several weeks ago, I had posted a link in regards to certain maintenance items I was going to perform on my 2008 Z06. Well, due to certain things beyond my control, I was unable to perform those and needed a local dealership to perform these. I had read on this forum regards a person by the name of Joe Malo working at Koons chevy of Tysons Corner Va. I had spoke to his Service writer Bill Appel, now I must say was fantastic. I was having the oil/filter, Diff fluid, Trans fluid and Brake fluid changed. I had explained to Bill that I was having a very small oil leak under the car- 1-2 drops- I thought no big deal, also that no one drives my car except Joe, which he honored. Joe took the car and under initial inspection, he had determined that the oil pan gasket was leaking and needed to be replaced- at a whopping $2200.00 charge, but Bill was there and he confirmed that my extended warrenty would cover this- so no worries-Thank god for GMPP- Fantastic. I watched Joe work on my car- and he did such a fantastic job- that I wanted to let other vette owners know to use him. He cleaned the oil pan to like new, along with the underbody to ensure that no oil residue was left on the car- fantastic.

During this time, he also checked the power steering fluid- which he stated was in very good condition and coolant- again- in great condition.

All work perfromed by Joe was done in a very professional manner and along with Bill Appel, I had an exceptional experience at this dealership. I will be returning for any future repair work.

Thanks,
Rick

Moderators- if this is in the wrong forum, please move.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Finding a good corvette technician these days are far and few. Thanks for the info! :thumb:

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's always good to let to let people know that you appreciate what they have done. Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

·
9,755 Posts
Joe is one of the best Vette mechanics in the DC area. I was bummed when he moved from the dealership close to me, but that's the breaks.
Now I wish he was in Southern Utah :lol:
Glad everything worked out for you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts