Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this forum is great, but ended up going with the Porsche due to the fact no dealers near me would give me GMS that I qualify for. They are not selling the cars, but will not budge as far as price. The GM dealers make it seem as though these are hard cars to find, no wonder GM is not doing well. If everything does not go as planned with the P-car I may be back. Hopefully by that time my experience will be different with the local dealers.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I am sorry that you had problems with GMS, but it is up to the dealership to honor it or not. I hope that you enjoy the P-car. :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting a 930, like the fact that they are not everywhere and with mods they are fast as $hit, not that they are not stock, just faster with mods.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hope you return!

Wish you would have contacted me via a pm...probably could have found you GMS price on a C6.

Zippy :usa: :usa:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
z06/Viper said:
Getting a 930, like the fact that they are not everywhere and with mods they are fast as $hit, not that they are not stock, just faster with mods.
Tons of those down here!!
Nice people, nice cars but they think Vettes are lower on the food chain? Sometimes you just have to bite them in the ass and wake them up to the real world!!

Ken

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Kens06 said:
Tons of those down here!!
Nice people, nice cars but they think Vettes are lower on the food chain? Sometimes you just have to bite them in the ass and wake them up to the real world!!

Ken

:yeadog: Porsches are nice cars...I'd buy my girl one. :D :lol:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Good choice, I don't think you can go wrong with Porsche!

I don't know too much about them... Which model is the 930? I found a few google links showing an older 911 turbo. Is yours a new model?

Oh, and you should post pics :D

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I like the older 911's too...

Often times I'm tempted but just can't get into the high cost of repairs...(I just don't want to deal with it)

If you haven't bought the porsche yet....you should contact Zippy and see what he could do...

The C6 really is a hell of a car.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
case2307 said:
:yeadog: Porsches are nice cars...I'd buy my girl one. :D :lol:
blow up dolls just can't drive..
LOL :zboobie:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
wvphoto said:
blow up dolls just can't drive..
LOL :zboobie:
That burns. That burns bad. :jammin:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Porsches are nice cars, but they all look the same, for the last 40 years :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 930 is the early Turbo 911. It is a beast. For the idiot that said he would buy his girl one, you obviously know nothing about P-cars. I have never met a Girl in a 930, maybe a N/A 911, but not the 930. It is more of a mans car than the vette, that is for sure. Anyway, I do not anyone else to take that personally, but that comment was ridiculous and not called for. You would never get a comment like that on Rennlist or Pelican (Porsche Sites). Anyway, I do love the Vette, I just can not stand that the dealers treat them like the are all the new Z06. I appreciate those that offered to get me GMS, if the Porsche falls through I will contact you Zippy. I am a car fanatic and my last toy was a P-car, but you never know what will be next.
Thanks again all,
Bill

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I've always liked the 930S. It is a really nice car. They have a tendency to come around on you so be careful. When you get a chance, please post some pics.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good for you :thumb: Enjoy :z:
You'll be back :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Very nice :cheers: My uncle has had a couple 930 turbos including a 850+ hp slant nose with 928 headlights. I always loved the big rubber whale tails.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
z06/Viper said:
The 930 is the early Turbo 911. It is a beast. For the idiot that said he would buy his girl one, you obviously know nothing about P-cars. I have never met a Girl in a 930, maybe a N/A 911, but not the 930. It is more of a mans car than the vette, that is for sure. Anyway, I do not anyone else to take that personally, but that comment was ridiculous and not called for. You would never get a comment like that on Rennlist or Pelican (Porsche Sites). Anyway, I do love the Vette, I just can not stand that the dealers treat them like the are all the new Z06. I appreciate those that offered to get me GMS, if the Porsche falls through I will contact you Zippy. I am a car fanatic and my last toy was a P-car, but you never know what will be next.
Thanks again all,
Bill
Bring that beast down to Road Atlanta. Send a PM if you do. See you at the track!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts