Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe the service and price I have gotten from Chris Herman at Anderson Chevrolet in Menlo Park, CA. I bought a used '98 Chevy 3500 4x4 dually extended cab from him over a year ago. I have never had a good dealership experience before. I've had them tell me to go home and get my mommy, etc. I'm 24 (baby faced though) and 6'5" 290 lbs. I first met Chris wearing jean shorts and a t-shirt and he didn't bat an eye, even though I was an internet customer coming to look/buy a $28,000 truck. Back then I let him know I was interested in a '02 ZO6 and he took me serious. He called me back quite a few times to give me updates on when I could order and such. He said that since I was a repeat customer he would give it to me at $2500 over MSRP (they were going for $5,000 min at his dealership and $7,500-$15,000 over at other stealerships) since I was a repeat customer. Then when I ordered he said he was going to go for $1,000 over MSRP. I gave him my credit card to put $1,000 onto and he called me back a week later saying he would only put $500 down on the credit card. Well he called me up today with the VIN number and the prices and costs of everything including out the door cost. I asked if that included the $500 or $1,000 for the dealership. He said he never charged my card and was only having me pay MSRP!!! This is in the Bay Area too!!! Just about unheard of. Needless to say, I'm very happy. I got the car for $55,449.35 out the door. Not sure how good that is, but it seems good to me. The only options I got were floormats (don't know why since I got Lloyds mats on the way) and museum delivery.

Does anybody know the destination charge? I think the floormats were $40, and the RC8 was $495... I'm just trying to figure out the MSRP. What is the base price for a '02 ZO6? The '01 ZO6's were $47,500, right?

$50640.00 MSRP
$ 45.00 Doc fee
$ 3,547.95 Tax @ 7%
$ 507.40 Lux tax
$ 709.00 DMV charge
------------------------------
$55,449.35

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Sometimes buying a car is a pain in the butt expereince. It's great to have a dealer where you drive off the lot thinking only about the new car, and no bad taste from the deal. :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ZO SIC, you must have someone from above looking out for you.

My experience at that same dealership has been nothing like yours. In fact, it has been absolutely horrible.

I am VERY surprised you got a "deal" at MSRP.

I bought two cars from them in the past several years and that did not amount to a rat's ass. They made me feel like I was unworthy of buying a Z06 (even a leftover 2001) unless I paid thousands over sticker and not so politely absolutely refused to even consider an offer for anything less than sticker. :(

BTW, there is N/C for floor mats in 2002, so if they charged you for that something is amiss. You did say you bought a "new" 2002, right?

I will take what you've said at face value, but frankly something don't quite sound right. :-?

At any rate congrats on getting a truly great car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
dsinned... sorry to hear about your bad experience there. If your serious about good, ney, GREAT service, contact Chris Herman at Anderson Chevrolet. He is the Internet Sales guy (manager). He treated me great and I'm going down there this Wednesday to sign the paperwork. Shit, I'm only 24 and he took me serious on a $50,000 car order!!! I found the '98 dually online and called him up. This was a $28,000 truck. I showed up as a 23 year old in shorts and a t-shirt and he didn't blink an eye. I told him I was interested in buying a '02 Z06 "maybe" and told him to call me when they could order them. He called me back 8-9 months later!!!

As for the floormats... when he placed the order for me, they didn't have GM's new software or upgrade or whatever for the '02 year yet. So he specced it out as an '01 and then when it was upgraded into an order it was done as an '02. I'm sure if the floormats are N/C, then they are not charging me. I'll check though...

This is the first dealership that I have gone to that showed respect to me. And actually it wasn't the dealership. It was Chris himself. I heard the other salesguys talking to customers and they were flat out lying and being rude. Chris was upfront, honest and nice. When Chris left me with the financing department I felt like I was in the pressence of snakes... So the dealership itself isn't that great, but Chris was. Heck, he must have been. For me to go down there it was a 2.5 hour drive and about 150 miles there. It is now 3.5-4 hours and 350-400 miles there.

His number is: (650) 462-5065

Of course if I had known about Rick Daniels I might have ordered through him and still got the NCM delivery. But I'm not sure if I woulda had to fly out to see Rick to sign the paperwork or not? That wouldn't be cool. But getting the car for MSRP was a great surprise. Yes, I feel like I got a "deal" but only for Cali. I know I could have saved money going out of state, but I learned that too late. And I'm not upset in the least bit...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
ZO SIC - the day is fast approaching. Remember to keep us informed on your NCM day / time. When you talk to Judy, ask for Adam or Karen to perform the delivery!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll put out a post the day I leave to remind all you techo genious's so you can all capture and save my NCM pics :) How does a nice smokey burnout outside the NCM sound? :)

I'm still waiting for the www.Z06Vette.com banner to show up...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
ZO SIC said:
I'll put out a post the day I leave to remind all you techo genious's so you can all capture and save my NCM pics
I'm still waiting for the www.Z06Vette.com banner to show up...
ZO SIC The reminder will be great.

A banner is being held at the Museum by Adam Boca, their Information Technology guy :) He's going to keep a banner there for all of our deliveries :D

I believe the 'personal' banners have been ordered.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew that Adam was keeping one banner for the deliveries, but I'm driving home 2400 miles and I know I'll come up with some good shots. Pikes Peak, Air Force Academy, Salt Lake, etc, etc. So I was hoping for a personal one :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
ZO SIC said:
I knew that Adam was keeping one banner for the deliveries, but I'm driving home 2400 miles and I know I'll come up with some good shots. Pikes Peak, Air Force Academy, Salt Lake, etc, etc. So I was hoping for a personal one :)
Stay tuned - the new banners are currently being printed, and will be available very soon :)

Sounds like you're gonna have one heck of a great drive home! All beautiful places. Make sure you give us complete details :)

Vince

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the drive home is going to be AWESOME!!! Long drive and lots of opportunites for bad things to happen, but still. We were going to try to hit up Devil's Tower in North Eastern Wyoming, but it's a little to far out of our way... I'm hoping the winds ain't blowing hard across the Great Salt Lake :/

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Destination Charge is $645 and Museum Delivery is $490. Looks as though Anderson is finally getting the message on pricing and sales. Congrats on getting a good deal in California! jerboa :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jerboa, et all, I'm not really so sure they have gotten the message. I followed up with Mr. Herman and just found out "the best he can do" on a leftover Z06, is a meager $500 off sticker.

Well, that is a big drop from $5k over MSRP just a few weeks ago, but since MP and a few others in the Southeast I belive, were selling their leftovers for $6000 off sticker, I'm not impressed with Anderson's current pricing.

BTW, for anyone in the Bay Area who might be interested, I just heard from a dealer in the East Bay (Val Stroud Chevrolet in Oakland) offering a black '01 w/modified red interior for $3k off sticker ($45,725). Not bad, and much better price compared to Anderson, but in both cases they only have one left of last year's cars.

Frankly speaking, with the advent of the new 405hp '02 models, just now becoming available at most dealership, local Norcal dealers should be willing to sell any remaining '01s at blowout sale prices.

In lieu of the bad state of the economy, Norcal dealers are still way too greedy IMHO. :roll:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
'Vote with your wallet'. The laws of supply and demand will usually take over. Prices will drop when customers go elsewhere...

Vince :z:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts