Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for allowing me to visit and post on the site!

I recently acquired a 2004 C5 Z06. There's no spare tire, I haven't pulled the carpet to see if there's a jack. I realize that one needs pucks and a low-profile jack to raise the car. What type of set- up would you recommend?

Thanks for any help!

Scott

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
Not sure about the jack but the car should have come with a small compressor and that tire sealant that I would never use! I have the original kit but never used it. I bought a small compressor and tire repair kit and leave it in the trunk. I would be able to at least temp fix small issues that would at least get me off a highway or to a tire shop.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I bought my low profile jack from Harbor Freight. I know most of you are going to say it's junk, however I have never had a problem with it. It is their low profile aluminum racing jack fits right under the sides, a few pumps and good to go. It is only rated at 3000 lbs but I have used it to lift the rear axle in my 5500 lbs F150 with no problems. Obviously I wouldn't leave the car on this jack for long periods of time but it works for what I need it for. I did invest in a high quality set of jack stands. I'm not crawling under anything without the added feeling of security of a good jack stand.
I don't go out of town with my car so have never really worried about a flat tire. I have gotten several nails in the past and have always had time to get home, take the tire off and get it fixed at a local time shop. Every time I get in my car I just run though the DIC to check tire pressures, and usually check them after I am on the road just in case. I could have stayed with the OE run flats but I feel that those tires were such a poor compromise over non run flats that the piece of mind just wasn't worth the loss in handling and comfort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts