Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who continually finds grit collecting in the bottom of the taillight opening? Has it got something to do with aerodynamics or am I just driving too slow to blow it out naturally?

Vince

·
Registered
75 Posts
I get it too. Same thing happened to me with my Firbird too. Its gotta be the aerodynamics.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Vince,

You're suffering over the dreaded DIRTY BUTT SYNDROME!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Unfortunately, its something we all have to endure. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Get a can of compressed air from a computer store used for blowing out keyboards, that seems to work very well.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I unscrewed one of the lights and found there is a small drain hole underneath the lens in the Fascia. I am thinking of enlarging that hole so the stuff drains out better. On my '90 I had clear covers from Extang in Ann Arbor Michigan but I didn't see the product on their web site anymore. I am going to call them and suggest the start making them for the C5,

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the problem lies in the fact that we have no real bumper. On all my previous cars, which had bumpers, the rear bumper would get the most dirty. Since we don't have bumpers, I guess the grit has to blow back and land somewhere.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Manatee:

I have had 3 C5's, and they all collect grit there. Same thing for the rear license recess ledge.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sometimes my wife leaves her makeup bag on the floor of my car so I started using her blush brush??? to get at that grit problem. It not only is very gentle on the finish but now that she has found her makeup brush sometimes has extra texture to it, she no longer forgets and leaves her crap in MY car......

·
Registered
65 Posts
WOW,
You guys need to drive faster so the dirt doesn't have a CHANCE!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Carl V ...

Isn't there a Zaino spray that reduces the tendency of the dust to stick? Isn't the car's desire to be covered in dust related to the static in the car's material?

Steve

'01 Z06 Black/Black
!CAGS/B&M Ripper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts