Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for different ground effect packages for my Z before I get it repainted (ghost flames).

The following 6 piece package runs $1,800. What else is out there. Who has these mods? What is high quality and what is junk?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
second picture of ground effects----these are sold by Lou Giglioti Motorsports in Wylie, TX.

He was featured on the cover of "GM High-Tech Performance" magazine.

The rear wing featured on the cover is $1,200.00 by itself. There HAS to be something more affordable out there.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/archives/toc/toc0302.jsp

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess I am a purist as I feel any ground effects package is RICER style! Jeff you car is beautiful the way it is don't mess up a good thing!

JOHN

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I personally like

The LGMotosports front fascia. It looks great and just think how C5R like it will look when you screen off the front radiator scoop wiith stainlees steel mesh/screen.
I also like the Spectre Werks rear fascia.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I personally like

DJWorm said:
The LGMotosports front fascia. It looks great and just think how C5R like it will look when you screen off the front radiator scoop wiith stainlees steel mesh/screen.
I also like the Spectre Werks rear fascia.
You should go out and pick up this months "GM High-Tech Performance" magazine---very nice pics of their stuff and operation.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I will have to do that.

My plate reads Z06-C5R. I originally wanted to make the Z look and perform as close to the C5R as possible. Thing is I race in Stock class and can't use the ground effects package. Major Bummer!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Specter rear fascia is sweet, the nicest I have seen. I am also looking for a front spoiler.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
jnation,
Whose kit is on the white car you posted?
Are those pieces glassed in?
On the spectreworks rear end, how is the rear facia removed?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The thing on the Specter Werks is.....

.... they have a 72" wide body kit which you can add to your present car. Consists of nose, hood, rockers, rear fascia. That is what is shown on their web page.

They have another 80" race body nose, hood, Ft. fenders, doors, rockers, rear quarters and rear fascia. May be able to get it in carbon fibre.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I like the looks of the first one you posted . These are on a race car, and look simple. No frills. I do like the wing that they use on the C5 R( also on the Speedvision GT cars). I would be concerned on how well ( read easily) they fit! I have installed some of this stuff on other cars, and spent more on fitting and prepping than the parts cost. Looks like if I installed that kit on my car,I'd have to buy a couple extra frt airdams( I scrape my stock one ALL the time). One of the reasons I bought my Z06 was to "leave it alone". I have two other project cars I am doing right now. And than I see what all you guys are doing here, and "here we go!" I think it is great. We all like the same car, but we ( most of us) want to " personalize" it . Make it "our own car". What a great hobbie/sport. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I got my ground effects by turning the suspension bolts... ;)

Seriously though...

I don't think the Vette needs much of anything in terms of ground effects. That being said, I really like one of the air splitters/front air damns that's out there (RK Sport's, maybe?). Kind of lowers the front like a Viper. Of course I don't think it'd be a great thing for daily driving, as I'm sure it would/could hit on a lot of things.

Good luck!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fyrcaptain said:
jnation,
Whose kit is on the white car you posted?
Are those pieces glassed in?
On the spectreworks rear end, how is the rear facia removed?
Thanks
I believe it is a project car at www.lgmotorsports.com

Other than that--I can't offer any more information.

Sorry--Jeff Nation

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is the one I kinda like

This one is from Extreme motorsports. Check out the bottom of the page for more pics.

http://www.xmotorsports.com/exterior/

Kinda expensive but why skimp now? Anyway here's my choice...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Purist here too...

JWilson said:
I guess I am a purist as I feel any ground effects package is RICER style! Jeff you car is beautiful the way it is don't mess up a good thing!

JOHN
I agree with what JWilson said. Looks great stock.

Randy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts