Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here it is!! Group purchase of the Carbon Fiber Motor City Mold hood!!!
Vette Essentials has gotten permission to offer the hood at a one time price of $1400.00 !!
Shipping is quoted for each customer individually.

10lb's lighter than the stock hood!!
Fit's out of the box! Some fiberglass hoods take up to 16 hours of body shop time to fit and finish. Not this one!

A lot of you have asked me about my Carbon Fiber hood at the Z06 Fest so I decided to go to Motor City Mold and add it to my Vette Essentials product line.

After Friday November 21st it will go back up to $1550.00

Photo's will be posted but look at the Motor City Mold web site for photo's of Vette's in different colors with the hood.

www.MotorCityMold.com

E-mail me to place your order. Post your questions on this thread so that others can see the answers.

[email protected]

Photo's from Motor City's web site.
www.VetteEssentials.com

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
A friend of mine has that hood and its amazing.

Great hood!

Wow!

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Ken, that is one sharp looking hood! Any word on the new high rise design hood for the supercharger?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EFI-1 said:
Do these have to be painted? If not, are there any pics available of the hood w/o paint?
Yes the hood will need to be painted to match your car.
They come black with the natural carbon showing on the underside. In the pic above the black center section on the underside of the hood is clear coated. Most if not all buyers clear coat that section to show the carbon fiber.
I'll see if I can get some pic's of the unpainted hood up.

Ken

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Darn you Ken! I just purchased some chrome wheels and I'm in the process of trying to buy an extended warranty at a good price, but also want this hood. Not sure if I can wing both, money is tight right now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have this hood and I love it!!!!

Just like Ken said this hood came ready to put on. If you had a black car your paint guy could just clear coat it and you'd be ready to go.

Couple of pic's of getting it ready.. I didn't get any pic's of it before paint because they had so little work to do to the hood it was in paint before I got a chance to snap some pic's.

Here's a kind of before and after shot.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Can that hood be had with the stainless screen in the duct or is this something you have to do yourself?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Oh crap....tempting.....tempting. Hide credit card. Breathe...relax....serenity now.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
OK, I'm interested. Are they ready for delivery???????

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
VettTheRipper said:
Oh crap....tempting.....tempting. Hide credit card. Breathe...relax....serenity now.
:yeadog: :yeadog: That is, by far, the best looking hood on the market. Lets see, hood, divorce, hood, divorce. I better wait 'till spring. :(

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
HI KEN!!!
Super deal you have here. I'm still wondering if it's the new hood design for the S/C? But after thinking about it I'm pretty sure it's not. But this hood is awesome. I'm going to smash the little girl's piggy bank.....uh better try another avenue.
Mike
Say buddy, how's everything going? I'm still dreaming of the blue and grey accents in my interior. Maybe someday!!

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Mine was ordered a little while back. Will be here on the 14th.
Hopefully this hood and the non-pop up lights that have been sitting here for 3 months will look pretty good together:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mjustmike said:
HI KEN!!!
Super deal you have here. I'm still wondering if it's the new hood design for the S/C? But after thinking about it I'm pretty sure it's not. But this hood is awesome. I'm going to smash the little girl's piggy bank.....uh better try another avenue.
Mike
Say buddy, how's everything going? I'm still dreaming of the blue and grey accents in my interior. Maybe someday!!
The S/C hood should be up and running around the 1st of the year. You can bet that there is already a waiting list.

Blue with gray! no problem just make the call. :D

Ken

www.VetteEssentials.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just ordered the hood and can't wait for it to get here. Gonna redo the interior while I am at it! I think I have just gotten started on my winter projects!!!

Ken thanks - you are a GREAT vendor and awesome to work with!!! I appreciate your patience!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts