Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to my local "Candian tire" store and purchased two short antennas, both were different types, so I thought, I will just take the one back I don't use. When I got home, I thought I would try and make my own before taking these out of their packages. Check it out. This mod is for guys who are cheapies, like me! 9" antenna

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Great heads up and instruction... Nice home page too!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Antenna

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! I bought one from Pep Boys that was about sixteen inches long but still did not look just right. After reading your post I dug out my stock antenna and followed your instructions(great inst) and the result is just what I wanted. Took all of about 15 minutes plus a little drying time. Thanks for sharing your idea. Bob(VNVETT)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for the idea. It just so happens that I have an extra stock antenna. This will be my next mod. I'll do it tomorrow at a mod day that we're having.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am glad I was able to help a couple guys out with this mod. I have learned so much and used lots of tips from these forums. It is nice to give back. Now, if I could get some more people to buy my frame savers!:D
Frame savers

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Cheap.....but

When it comes to my pride & joy...it gets the best. I went to Jake Delaney(Corvette Concepts...can I say that?) and purchased his "shorty" 8" antenna for $25. Looks
G-R-E-A-T.........!!
Zman

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Great idea. And a new antenna is always available from GM. Thanks for the info :cheers:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Re: Cheap.....but

zman said:
When it comes to my pride & joy...it gets the best. I went to Jake Delaney(Corvette Concepts...can I say that?) and purchased his "shorty" 8" antenna for $25. Looks
G-R-E-A-T.........!!
Zman
:roll: Yes it does, in fact it looks just like M-I-N-E!!:D :D :D

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I was at the NCRS Vette event in Orlando this weekend and purchased a 6 inch antena from Jajaje at Corvette Concecpts for $25. Works great...looks cool. He also offers a 8 inch version and supports our form. Les:cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
FUBU/LES

Looked all around Saturday and the only Z06Vette.com banner I saw was on Jakes car(while I was picking up my own antenna),,anyway, sorry I missed meeting you.

Nick:(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Likely a dumb idea but here it goes:

How about no antenna at all, or something that extends inside the car just a tad?

I'll remove my antenna next weekend and see how the reception is - it will likely be good enough in my area.

If that works, anyone has any good ideas on what a suitable cap would be for the antenna hole?

·
Registered
132 Posts
antenna

Just unscrew the antenna and push on a black plastic vaucum cap available at any auto supply store. around town reception will be good. VNVETT

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
If that works, anyone has any good ideas on what a suitable cap would be for the ant

Seems to me Radioshack use to sell a plug/cover for that,but not sure. :-?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the excellent idea :cheers: GM should have made it like this originally.
If you carefully drill a 9/64" hole in the ball, it will press on (with a little help) without the need for adhesive or paint if you're careful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts