Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after a long, long wait it is done, I was going to do a H/C on my 01 oil burner but it was like an ex girlfriend, she had to many issues!

So I traded the 01 red Z06. After much discussion with Andy, I decided this is will be the first of probably many stages on my brand new 2004 CE Z06. AFR205's, 228-232-114 cam, trap, Fast 90, NW90, Kooks 1 7/8 with cats, springs, and injectors, Stock TI. Best pull was 455rwhp 411rwtq. I have waited to give a seat of the pants report and this car pulls awesome now. I live for the twisties so thats one of the main reasons I didn't go with a blower......... Yet. I also wanted a rockin cam. I love that nasty cam sound. On the highway the car pulls good, in the canyons its a different car. I can't thank Andy, Mike and Angel enough. Great service, Great work, and just an awesome experience! Now, pay the bills, drive it like I'm on the 7pm news in LA, and plan stage 2! :coo:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Wow! Great numbers! You gotta love a nice H/C setup. :jammin: :cool:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z16 is the top Gun of the Z06. Now you have the power to match the looks. :jammin:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Z06-Z16 said:
Well after a long, long wait it is done, I was going to do a H/C on my 01 oil burner but it was like an ex girlfriend, she had to many issues!

So I traded the 01 red Z06. After much discussion with Andy, I decided this is will be the first of probably many stages on my brand new 2004 CE Z06. AFR225's, 228-232-114 cam, trap, Fast 90, NW90, Kooks 1 7/8 with cats, springs, and injectors, Stock TI. Best pull was 455rwhp 411rwtq. I have waited to give a seat of the pants report and this car pulls awesome now. I live for the twisties so thats one of the main reasons I didn't go with a blower......... Yet. I also wanted a rockin cam. I love that nasty cam sound. On the highway the car pulls good, in the canyons its a different car. I can't thank Andy, Mike and Angel enough. Great service, Great work, and just an awesome experience! Now, pay the bills, drive it like I'm on the 7pm news in LA, and plan stage 2! :coo:
Sounds awesome :cheers:
Andy is the best.. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Z06-Z16 said:

So I traded the 01 red Z06. After much discussion with Andy, I decided this is will be the first of probably many stages on my brand new 2004 CE Z06. AFR225's, 228-232-114 cam, trap, Fast 90, NW90, Kooks 1 7/8 with cats, springs, and injectors, Stock TI. Best pull was 455rwhp 411rwtq. I have waited to give a seat of the pants report and this car pulls awesome now. I live for the twisties so thats one of the main reasons I didn't go with a blower......... Yet. I also wanted a rockin cam. I love that nasty cam sound. On the highway the car pulls good, in the canyons its a different car. I can't thank Andy, Mike and Angel enough. Great service, Great work, and just an awesome experience! Now, pay the bills, drive it like I'm on the 7pm news in LA, and plan stage 2! :coo:

Great numbers I had about that same package with LG longtube headers and only made 438rwhp so it looks like those Kooks added something. Also I had the Borla Stingers.

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Dennis, Will it pass smog? Sounds great!
It will not pass smog, not in this country at least. 224-224-114 is the max cam from what I've heard for Ca.

Chris, Great numbers I had about that same package with LG longtube headers and only made 438rwhp so it looks like those Kooks added something. Also I had the Borla Stingers.

You had the same cam? I was shooting for over 500hp at the crank and goal achieved! Thanx Andy!

Hans, I like to run Mullholand Dr, and Glendora Mountain road, Highway 33 and Highway 150(when it reopens). Still learning new areas. I have some particular turns that I like to practice drifting through Ventura. Opps..... :NoNo:

·
Registered
292 Posts
So what will you do to pass your next smog test?
What are these?
1) AFR225's
2) trap
3) Fast 90
4) NW90
5) Stock TI.

How's it running now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stumbo,
Afr225's, are new heads
Trap is a new airfilter and air bridge
Fast 90 is a new intake 90 mm
NW 90 is a Nick Williams Throttle Body also 90 mm
Stock TI is the stock mufflers
Now it runs awesome! I sacrificed some low end torque so that I could use the larger headers, intake and higher flowing heads with either a blower or a 427 when I want to go to the next level. I have gotten used to the lopey idle in traffic so that isnt so bad for me now. Opinions vary as to what is an acceptable street cam this is pretty close to the limit for me. It revs very fast due to the higher compression ratio, and pulls hard as long as I can keep the tires hooked. I am putting down 455 rwhp now. In four years I will either go with a 427 with a cam that will pass smog or a blower with a cam that will pass smog. Andy at A&A Corvette spent a lot of time with me discussing options and helped me plan in stages. I wanted something that had a nasty cam for the first stage and was streetable. I pushed it a little bit with the cam and I am very pleased with the whole package. It does not sound stock but is not too obnoxious.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Chris310P said:
Great numbers I had about that same package with LG longtube headers and only made 438rwhp so it looks like those Kooks added something. Also I had the Borla Stingers.

Chris
Hi Chris...

I think the biggest difference between both of your combinations is the larger 225 heads. I have been speculating that the difference would be around 15 RWHP (versus the 205's) all else being equal.

Z06-Z16....Do you know if Andy milled the heads at all?? If they were stock at 72 cc's, that would be awesome because your CR would barely be 10 to 1....actually lower. I'm thing he milled them to 66 ish??

Thanks,
Tony

EDIT: Just spoke with Andy....Those are 205's, not 225's. Looks like the larger primary tubes, exhaust, possible slight difference in cam positioning, not to mention different car, is what actually made the difference.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Z06-Z16 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but "Best pull was 455rwhp 411rwtq" on a 2004 Z06.....Isn't that quite LOW for all that investment? I mean, don't they come STOCK with 405 hp? So, if anyone can steer me in the right direction of the "good news" here?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.