Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a CEL today, about 120 miles since a header install. TC is PO0133 Heated 02 Sensor Slow response Bank 1 Sensor 1. Is this a bad sensor or possible wire melting by hot exhaust. What code will a melted wire give you? Car runs a fine no loss of power no idling problems.
Thanks Wes

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Check the mini fuse in your fuse panel by the battery
It could be that the #15 Oxygen sensor heater fuse is blown

or

O2 wires were melted onto the x-pipe

:z:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check. It's proabably going to be the 2nd since thats harder to fix.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I got the same code and it was the 02 wires melted onto the headers.

I bought Denso 02 sensors and some thermotec wrap. Solved the problem! :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where did you get them and the tape? All I've found is bosch and the only heat wrap Ive seen is pricey.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Had to order both. The sensors were pricey, but was assured they were the best. Even my vette mechanic at the dealer I went to says they were better made.
I ordered them through a local auto parts store that carried denso products. Yellow Pages helped me out there.
Thermotec is a brand name for protective heat barrier tape.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Millenium Z06 said:
Where did you get them and the tape? All I've found is bosch and the only heat wrap Ive seen is pricey.

I used spark plug covers (kool sox like - the GM version used on larger trucks) on the sensors, because I could pick them up right at the local auto store when I did the install. Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts