Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Had 3rd oil change in 3500 miles... Car getting smoother

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BLEUBYU 
#1 ·
I just had the oil changed at 3500 miles yesterday. Also had the dealer change the tranny and rear gear oil.

Anyone notice after every oil change that the car is running smoother and smoother? My wife and I went for a drive in West Palm on A1A and even she commented how much quieter the engine seemed to run today compared to the drive across state last month.

I noticed that also when I had my Ninjas and after breaking them in with dino oil that the smoothness with the synthetic was immediately apparent after the switch.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Just an observation.

Don
QSZ06
<new sig coming soon /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif>

See less See more
#2 ·
If You haven't done it yet, put the AC Delco 'Ultragaurd Gold' oil filter in (UPF44). On my 2001 Coupe, my oil pressure went up quite abit with the UPF44. For insatnce, at an idle with hot (Oil = 200 F on DIC) 5W-30 Mobil 1, it went from 18 to 30 psi /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif. Also saw major increases at normal hiway cruise speeds of ~15 psi. Everyone who changes to the Ultragaurd sees the same change.

The oil pressure sensor is AFTER the oil filter, so the increase in oil pressure is obviously letting a higher flow of oil feed the engine ... exactly what you want.

When I get my new 02 EB Z06, the first thing I'm going to do is install the UPF44 filter and get rid of that restrictive UP44 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. The Ultragaurd also filters much finer crud. It with a magnetic drain plug should give max engine protection!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.