Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first off Jeff is a great guy and really seams to know how to trully tune a v ette, anyway after a 4 hour ride down to his shop i threw it on to get a dyno tune done up, it pulled 360 base line, but im courious, i have a halltech tric., and a full lgm Lt package, and borla exhaust, now i didnt go down ther to have a dyno queen, but to have the over all pcm tuned, which is more inportant than the max hp ,my question is after a 4 hour trip and say 80 mph avg. is my eng. dyno lower then it should be because its been running so long before i dynoed and tuned it , i pulled 13 hp out of the tune and max hp/tq 4th run was 372.8hp/373.2tq out of my 04 z with a halltech tric, and full LGM Lt w/ rt cats and stingers, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
illmac77 said:
first off Jeff is a great guy and really seams to know how to trully tune a v ette, anyway after a 4 hour ride down to his shop i threw it on to get a dyno tune done up, it pulled 360 base line, but im courious, i have a halltech tric., and a full lgm Lt package, and borla exhaust, now i didnt go down ther to have a dyno queen, but to have the over all pcm tuned, which is more inportant than the max hp ,my question is after a 4 hour trip and say 80 mph avg. is my eng. dyno lower then it should be because its been running so long before i dynoed and tuned it , i pulled 13 hp out of the tune and max hp/tq 4th run was 372.8hp/373.2tq out of my 04 z with a halltech tric, and full LGM Lt w/ rt cats and stingers, any thoughts?

The AFR is the key. 13:1 AFR is dandy without cats on the car and without regard to valve edge life.

12.7 is a bit more conservative but also friendly to parts. 0-60 improvement is a matter of finding "best rich torque" which isn't raw HP peak. A great tune will show best gain of area under the curve as opposed to a spike tht's good for little other than bragging rights.

Torque is really a bigger deal than HP.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i was concerned about KR as was he for what ever reason with my halltech tric along with the lts at WOT was throwing alot of fuel, he adjusted all of that monitored it with ef live and seen no concens at 13.5, it might seem lean but i guess with the set up i have it works, runs great, we took it for a test drive to make sure and all is well, my question was after the long drive would that effect the output of hp?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I tuned 3 similar cars at Antivenom's dyno day on April 10th.
380, 381, and 385 rwhp with a afr of 12.8.
You are way too lean and are missing 10 hp.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would that 10hp difference be from the engine so hot after driving 4hrs?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
12.8 is the best afr for power which in turn would allow more advance in your timing. Driving for 4 hours would be minimal at best.
I will get copies of the dyno sheets tommorrow of the 3 Z06s I tuned last month.
All 3 of these cars still had stock exhaust also.
The other Z06 I tuned the same day as the other 3 had in addition to headers and filter syestem corsa exhaust, throttle body and an aftermarket airbridge. I got 395 rwhp out of that one.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You normaly have a differance off .5 AFR from bungs in the headers vrs tailpipe readings. 13.5 at tail would be 13 at header.
I would agree that 12.8 would allow more timing and give more HP without knock than 13.5 which is ok at tailpipe but you then you can't bump up timing or you will have knock. The point of running 13.5 lean vrs 12.8 and added timing WILL give you about 8-10 more hp and safer also in summer driving

1 - 10 of 10 Posts