Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had already performed the CLB procedure and was pretty happy with things, but after having my car for some service this week they told me they had performed the factory CLB procedure "as a bonus"....which is just a band-aid from what I understand.

So will my column be prone to locking once again? Does the factory work undo my previous CLB bypass?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
If you had the aftermarket, hardware-based column lock bypass originally then all your dealer service dept did was flash your PCM with the factory "fix". Net-net it did nothing for you other than maybe overwrite your custom tune, if you had one going in.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigbadbevo said:
If you had the aftermarket, hardware-based column lock bypass originally then all your dealer service dept did was flash your PCM with the factory "fix". Net-net it did nothing for you other than maybe overwrite your custom tune, if you had one going in.
Are you sure of that? Everyone else at the other forum said they are instructed to remove it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
BQuicksilver said:
Are you sure of that? Everyone else at the other forum said they are instructed to remove it.

They remove it? For an automatic tranny (non-Z06), I think they remove it. For the 6-speed manual trannies (incl. our Z06's), I think by federal law they are required to have it in place.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
bigbadbevo said:
They remove it? For an automatic tranny (non-Z06), I think they remove it. For the 6-speed manual trannies (incl. our Z06's), I think by federal law they are required to have it in place.
I agree.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
BQuicksilver said:
after having my car for some service this week they told me they had performed the factory CLB procedure "as a bonus"
I'd be so pissed if a dealership preformed work on my car without my authorization! Recall or no recall, it is my choice whether I want it done or not.....not the dealerships.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I peeked under there today, and it looks like the CLB I installed is still there. Who knows. My dealership is pretty cool, so I expected they would have told me. I was worried because the guy apparently said he was paging me at the hospital, but I didn't call back. I thought maybe he was asking to remove it and since I didn't call back they went ahead and pulled my CLB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts