Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a black / balck red Z06 lined up with Maxie Price. Went to the bank did my wire transfer and then called Rick only to find out that someone on the lot sold it.

I am kind of upset but what can I do? Maxie Price needs to get their act together and do what other dealers do...Take Credit Cards for deposits despite the fact people renig all the time, it would be fair to those consumers that are undercut by other salesmen.

Life sucks right now.

Oh well....

At least I can read about your cars, and dream some more.

Rich

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rich!

I was able to put $500 down using my visa when I ordered my Z. The dealership probably has to eat around 3% of that.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The other reason, perhaps, for not accepting visa deposits..

Some people who decide to back out will call visa and complain that they were 'robbed' of their deposit.

With as many deals as Maxie does, it would probably be common enough that Visa would give them a *really* hard time about the number of disputed transactions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being Dupped

On the other hand...One idiot will screw it up for the rest of us. I will not compain and go over the top as what is done is done.

Trust me I understand the credit card thing but the truth is when you have a guy going to the bank to make a wire transfer, hold off the wolves for an hour or so.

I have better things to do with my time, like keep searchin for a Z06!

Somehow I will find her...lines and all!

·
Registered
251 Posts
credit card deposits

I have found here, and on the "other site" that 99+% of
people I have had contact with, and done business with,
are responsible adults and more than qualified to purchase
the vehicle they are inquiring about.

In dozens of Corvette sales, I have only once had to refund
a credit card deposit, and that was because he was ordering
and found the car prior to the order actually being placed; even
if the order had been submitted, it would have been a no-
hassel refund of deposit.

We do limit to $3000 the amount of purchase price that may
be placed on a credit card, and charge NO extra fees for
credit cards or any extra fees as any part of the transaction.

We will also follow the IRS laws and deduct your GM card
earings PRIOR to figuring luxury tax.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CC's

You know it is like the movie, you have,

the good
the bad
and the ugly!

I guess your like me in how you transact your business...upfront and honest. We all know that every sale is not perfect or will work out the way we want it to, but in the end today for one dealer a car was sold.

It was not sold to me, but I did act in good faith and did what I was asked to do.

Would I go through this (wire transfer) again? No.

Besides, I want my Amex Points!

Rich

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Let me try to clear this up for everyone. Botics contacted me this morning in regards to the 02 Z06 I had posted as being on the lot and avalb. and at the time we talked it was. Please try to remember that we are talking about what could be arguably be the most sought after sports car in the world right now. We do sell alot of Corvettes all over the nation and to people we never see. It was decided a few years ago by my dealer that the only fair way to take a Corvette off line and deprive any other customer from the right to buy it was to have a cash deposit on the car. This in no way was ment to cause a problem with our customers, only an atempt to be fair to all of them. It does how ever in the case of a Z06 at this time come into play. I regret very much any inconvenience caused to Botics. Before Botics deposit got to our bank some one come on the lot and bought the Z. We are looking into Pay Pal as a means to place a deposit on a Corvette online. I hope that very soon now this problem will no longer be an issue in the future. :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Different take

Rick, no OFFENSE to YOU, so don't take this PERSONALLY............
When a member of THIS forum , put's a CC deposit down...........it should be honored at least for a couple of hours.........
If whoever it was that bought the rig, had of really wanted it, they would WAIT.
After all, we aren't talking JOE SCHMOE...........off the street.
Dissapointed, but NOT surprised..........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Response

I will say that Rick was very nice and seemed mad about someone else selling the car.

Keep it in the back of your mind that I am in Miami and not where the car was, so I can understand a dealership wanting to sell a car to someone on a lot.

Then again, where I come from if a deal is in the works it should be honored.

But by no means do I wish to bash anyone. I was told to speak to Rick and he took care of me the best he could. I was told by several members that the dealership was honorable and trustworthy.

My experience was not the best, but there is not much I can do at this point but keep hunting.

At this point whoever I buy my Z06 from will not get a wire transfer from me...what a waste of time!

Rich

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Rick, to Maxie Price the PayPal is no different than a credit card. What is the difference? Both take 2-3%, neither give you the money that day. Why consider taking a new technology that is no different than the existing 'old' technology? And Rick, I know it's not YOUR rule. But because you represent Maxie Price, you get the heat. IMHO

I still want an '02 for 0%. Have a nice '01 for trade.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Because it is Maxie Price not Rick Daniel Chevrolet I must abide by the policies set forth by my dealer. I do understand that I see this thru the view of a salesman wanting to sell the car. The customer sees it as someone wanting to buy the car. The dealer sees it as a business. After approx. 10 years of selling Corvettes and now up to 400 to 500 per year and 70% of witch are out of state and the 3rd largest Corvette dealer in the nation, it is hard to tell him things are broke and need change. I must say that I do not agree with this rule, but it does seem to have served Mr. Price well. Under normal times we have a large enough allocation that this would not come up. The 0.0% has caused supply to become very tight for everyone. As a matter of fact I posted about this very problem a couple of weeks ago "Allocation Cut Supply Getting Tighter". Again I apologize to this customer and hope that this problem does not come up again. I hope all of you know that I take my customer satisfaction very seriously and will continue to do so. If this was not so I would not be here long.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Rick

Chill dudeski...................We NUB you here!!!!!!
YOU are ( for the umteenth time), NOT responsible........WE know that........
It is just the nature of the beast.........
First cash, First served..............
Saw it at every dealer I went to before I purchased mine.........
After all, this is the WORLD...................:(

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I think you'd all agree that Rick would have preferred that this car get sold to a forum member, as he (like any of us) would have wanted that commission and I'm sure he did everything he could.

I do however wish that priority would be given to a forum member but I also understand that Rick had no way of knowing if the transfer had actually taken place and Maxie saw $$$ and took the deal.

Botics, we'll keep looking for your car....Black Z's are very easy to come by normally but the 0.0 is not looking good with only 5 days left. I'd be willing to bet that there will be quite a few Blacks to be had after this is all over, albiet at normal interest rates.......

After driving your beast, the few extra bucks won't seem nearly as important as they do now, trust me :)

JC

·
Registered
92 Posts
" inconvenience" " few extra bucks" Geez... Botics glad I am not in your shoes:roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car Update

Working late last night I have secured two cars. One a Mil Yel. and the other a Black; both have the black Z06 inter.

While this may come down to the wire; it looks like I may get into one of these cars somehow by the end of the week.

We may never see this type of deal on a vette again so I will be humping today to make something happen.

Seems there are a few electron blues out there as well and also some dealers are adiing 5-10,000 on top of msrp.

And I thought us insurance guys had a bad rap!

Rich

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yellow is out

Lost the Yellow one as it was a museum delivery and had no options on it.

Anyways I am still workin on the BLK / BLK.

Rich

1 - 20 of 22 Posts