Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just met my new next door neighbor. He works for a local Chevy dealer in the parts department. He said, let him know if I need anything and he can hook me up!

Karma once gain pays off!

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Modding is fun if that's what you want to do yet if the reason is because your concerned about the overwrought head issue discussed about in the internet...I would suggest the number of false reports of worn and nearly destroyed ls7 s....was misdiagnosed by probably 95 percent of those who changed heads.

The "wiggle test" so many used was done incorrectly and therefor so many were misdiagnosed as an issue.

The furor of the internet allowed somewhat detailed information (that at the time appeared logical and rational and well thought out )spread even if it was inaccurate ...

Like I said at the beginning of this post...if your swapping heads and cam because you want to mod...that's an individual choice...

·
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your comment JB. I really wasn't wanting to mod this car because I feel the stock engine has more than enough power for me. I was a little concerned though about the worn valve guide issue though. I know the Internet does have a way of blowing things out of proportion,

Waiting for that link.

·
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK, I've looked and looked and I don't see where you posted on this thread before. What am I missing? :screwy:

Modding is fun if that's what you want to do yet if the reason is because your concerned about the overwrought head issue discussed about in the internet...I would suggest the number of false reports of worn and nearly destroyed ls7 s....was misdiagnosed by probably 95 percent of those who changed heads.
I think he was referring to the first part of his post.

·
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, gotcha. :thumb:

I kept looking at the thread and not seeing another JB post and thought I was going bananas. :help:

Mike
I figured you haven't had your second cup of coffee yet.

BTW, I hit edit instead of quote when replying the first time, Thus the "Last edited by jub jub" comment in your post. :drunken:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts