Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered that puppy today !!
$ 499. plus 21. 2nd day air... shipping
a very nice young lady helped me...and took my credit card.... she said she had installed one herself..just a few screwdrivers and 15 minutes of fame...
hope she wasn't [email protected]' me

LOL
:D

im ready for spring...

Are we there yet ?

:cheers:
any clues on install ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by wvphoto Question? there are two t1's? $499,and $569. howare they different?
ordered that puppy today !!
$ 499. plus 21. 2nd day air... shipping
a very nice young lady helped me...and took my credit card.... she said she had installed one herself..just a few screwdrivers and 15 minutes of fame...
hope she wasn't [email protected]' me

LOL

im ready for spring...

Are we there yet ?

:cheers:
any clues on install ?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
It takes longer to jack the car, than to install a T1.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
3Tips for T-1 install

Only 3 tips for the proper install

1) Ensure that the filter is seated properly on the elbow. This isn't tough, however, its easy get the elbow past the stop in the filter.

2) Tilt the filter up to allow more air flow around the filter. This isn't as obvious as it seems. Just check the posts on install and you will see that the easy install is to lay the filter perpendicular along the fan shroud. However, it should be tilted up to the farthest extent possible without interfering with the hood closing.

3) Do not over tighten the hose clamps. If you hear any sucking noise give the screws a few more twists. Be very careful not to over do it though as too much torque will crack/break the elbow.

Check alignment and fit after the next couple drives just to make sure everything is still in place.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Another trick.....find some 1/2 inch closed cell foam insulation and make 2, approx 3x5 inch pads from it. Stack the pads and place them under the elbow. Tie wrap the pads to the elbow or silicone them to the fan shroud to keep them from moving.
The result.......
No part of the filter touches anything and you get about 1 inch gap all around the filter for completely unrestricted flow.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
t1

thanks for all the advice
it will be here monday

the chromies will be here on friday ...

ooooooh what a great birthday this is

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
VettTheRipper said:
Another trick.....find some 1/2 inch closed cell foam insulation and make 2, approx 3x5 inch pads from it. Stack the pads and place them under the elbow. Tie wrap the pads to the elbow or silicone them to the fan shroud to keep them from moving.
The result.......
No part of the filter touches anything and you get about 1 inch gap all around the filter for completely unrestricted flow.
Ripper, Thanks for the tip. I've got 1" foam and cable ties at my office. I'll fix mine up tomorrow.

Also, Now that I have finally got the T-1 installed right, my MPG have gone up from 18.4 mpg cumulative (odometer 8579 miles) to 19.2 mpg cumulative (odometer reading 8710 miles). Still using the same 93 Octane Exxon oxygenated gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts