Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys; in trying to decipher all the info regarding intake systems, I went with the Vortex, based on hearing about the "condom" for wet street driving. A contact to HALLTECH gets me the reply that they do not distribute anything for the Vortex. Now where does a guy go for his "condom"??? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif thanks!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm a little confused here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif I know for a fact that FUBU has one on his '01 Z06 which is equipped with a Vortex.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FRANK... ME TOO! I re-read the threads and I know some of our guys have em...NOW I am hesitating cutting the shroud..SHIT! BUT Jim Hall replied directly to me.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif what should I do???

J

·
0 Posts
If you want mine...I'll sell it to you. 15-20 dollars ..Whatever you want...Should fit I would guess..it takes all of a bout 3 seconds to put on or take off..

Its blue. Let me know if you want it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Lot of deep water in PA yea? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Condom shmondom..... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JB: why are you not using it? I thought it was a good thing to do on the street?
JC: yeah it gets DEEP in PA sometimes.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif just being a good boy sprout! Folks on here recommended it, so I will go with it...I chose the rammer & WCC duct from posts on here so I dont expect to be steered wrong./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Brian

H

·
0 Posts
It's the "Proflowlactic", not condom. This gets funnier every day. I guess I started it by naming it, but it really is a preventative cover. It keeps stuff out rather than keeping stuff in like a condom.

Dyno testing on a Z06 showed a loss of about 1% at redline. The cooler air, however, is worth 3% more power than hot underhood air. Ted had just installed shorty headers, and saw no increase over his previous pulls. When he removed the cover, he picked up 4 HP at redline.

This cover is water resistant, but not water proof. It keeps dust, dirt, sand, water out of the permanent filter and is perfect for long drives.

If it fits the Vortex, it's just by sheer luck. I was designed by Outerwears to fit the Wedge filter.

We have no problem selling the pre-filter to you, but cannot guarantee it's fit.

We sell the Carbon Fiber Cobra (MAG) to Vortex folks all the time.

They run $19.95, and are not on our site right now, due to reconstruction of our site.
Call Pam toll free at 866-379-8200 to order.

What would Ernie at BPP think, if folks look through your clear plastic cover and see the Halltech logo over their filter?

We have no bones to pick with Vortex, in fact there is one vendor that uses our Donaldson LS900 under the Vortex lid. It all works.

The Vortex and Racers Wedge are actually made by the same filter manufacturing company from the same high flow 100% cotton media.

Jim

J

·
0 Posts
Right now I think the thing in the glove box..I love having options ..takes about a second to throw on or take off..Probably makes sense to have one available..Couldn't hurt....

I sort of figured I'd help you out..(plus I'd just order me a red one that would look cool with my red vette)

If you want to buy my blue one..let me know...

My pleasure and then I can justify ordering a red one with the Halltech lettering from Jim..LOL...

Either way..let me know..

Save the wave b/c thats what these forums are all about..

Enjoying the car...

Enjoying the people who are into this Corvette Sport.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why would you go to Halltech for a Vortex condom when the Vortex is made by Breathless?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Cause Halltech rocks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That was a personal, not a site plug /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

J

·
0 Posts
None of the cars need them but what the hell..I always pack protection..LOL..

19K miles...you don't need it on the Halltech but for 20 bucks..what the hell..

Worst case scenerio it keeps your filter clean and since it pops on or off in 3 seconds..

You the owner of the car has the choice of what you want.

So do you want my blue one? ..LOL..Don't specifically know if it fits a vortex or its effects but it probably will.

I'm checking to see if I should call Jim Hall and order a new red one that says the words HALLTECH on it..LOL

I thought it might be cool because whether I go autocrossing..or drag racing or to a show..I get a lot of questions about it..I want a red one to match my car..10 bucks for you if you want my blue one..lol

Even IMP who sponsors Performance Driving School out here on east coast ..who did my cars lowering..was impressed with the Halltech..

They are all good units..enjoy your choices..

Thats what its all about..

I sure as hell know I do..

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
If it's not necessary, then why buy it?

I don't feel the need for one as the Vortex just sits a tad below the plane of the stock box. I 've been through many heavy rains with no trouble, I bought the clear ortex way back just to 'inspect' what was going on during any storms...it have me peace of mind /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RG

http://www.exit28motorsports.com

1 877 966 8676

H

·
0 Posts
We make go into the condom business, and call it the Tunnel RAM Condom, just what you need for your TRIC. Magic Box not included.

This is our "Pro-Flowlactic":

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif WOW I go away to the shore for a few days and this "CONDOM" thing is Smokin! JB: I have a white/red car so even tho I am as patriotic as the next guy, a blue one just won't work. RICHARD: Perhaps I don't need this dang thing per your experience. I am gonna put it on this week, and just watch the weather channel! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for all the help from everyone! THis site ROCKS for sure! Brian

J

·
0 Posts
Forget about the weather channel..just party with the car..have a good time and don't sweat it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts