1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need an answer to my post to you from the below thread

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8986

The gist of my post is as follows:

"Jim, are you saying that the carbon fiber mag slides ON to or over the metal on the TB inlet?
Mine is butting up against the TB inlet with equal amounts of red hose on the TB and on the MAG."

myself and Z06_2002 are waiting on the answer Thanks
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Hi,

I'll answere that for you!

The carbon fiber does NOT slide over the TB. Only 1/2 of the hose slides on the TB and the other 1/2 of the hose slides on the CF air bridge. Same goes with the other connections.

Hope that helped. As I had the same question when I installed one on a customer's car.

Joe

·
Registered
945 Posts
That also was part of the reason why my install took so long. It slid over so nice, kind of like it was supposed to. But I resisted and finally decided to go half and half. It was the right choice!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys that's how I did it anyway, but if you look at the other thread I referenced, Jim leads you to think you slide the MAG over the TB (he should have stated slide the hose on the MAG onto or over the TB inlet).
Just want to make sure though.
Thanks
:cheers: :cheers:

G

·
fyrcaptain said:
Need an answer to my post to you from the below thread

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8986

The gist of my post is as follows:

"Jim, are you saying that the carbon fiber mag slides ON to or over the metal on the TB inlet?
Mine is butting up against the TB inlet with equal amounts of red hose on the TB and on the MAG."

myself and Z06_2002 are waiting on the answer Thanks
:cheers:
They are correct. You do not want to tighten the hoseclamp over the CF MAG without some silicone protruding out. The whole idea is to seal the unit against vacuum leaks.

I even made the mistake of clamping the entire carbon fiber MAG over the TB, and eventually it developed a vacuum leak. Just when I was along side a Cobra. Bad timing.

I'll have some pictures to post tomorrow.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts