Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, went to the track today, and boy am I happy! With the only performance mod on the car being the Halltech Intake and TRIC. I made my fastest passes to date. I have been experimenting with launch techniques for a few weeks now and I have this beast figured out. Car is 2001 Z06 with nothing removed for weight savings and a B&M Shifter and has 2500miles. I just installed the Halltech two weeks ago. These runs were all with the stock F1 supercar tires. Well here are the runs:

Run 1
60ft-1.827:evil:
1/4-12.346
MPH-113.64

Run 2
60ft-1.870
1/4-12.333
MPH-113.92

Run 3
60ft-1.850
1/4-12.303:eek:
MPH-114.03

I am very happy! More mods to come...
I am gonna see if I can run 11s with just the intake when I put a good clutch in the car and run some ET Streets

Later,
Jack

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wow

Great times, Jack. Awesome 60's on stock tires. Congratulations.

Which track?

I think I'm heading up to Cecil County Tomorrow.

Remember the All-Corvette Day at 75/80 is Sept. 15.

Cheers to you,

Ranger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You! These runs were made at Maryland International Raceway, which I beleive is the best track in our area. Ranger, I will see ya at 75/80 on the 15th.

·
Registered
603 Posts
How much MPH did you gain in the traps over the stock intake? Thx...

G

·
Dragstrip this weekend

I think its time Halltech had a little drive to our new dragstrip in Fontana, CA.

Everyones invited. Our maiden voyage of the Halltech TRIC T-1 package.

We will be happy with 12.00 @ 117 mph, but with the power we have now, 11.90 or less should be possible.

Ranger blasts through the 1/4 mile with 12.1s @116 to 117 and dynos at 345 RWHP. The dyno numbers are ok, but show nothing about the TRIC in its element. The Drag Strip.

We will be racing first with the TRIC T-1 (SideWinder), then the Tunnel Ram Induction Cold-air (TRIC) Race system.

Stay tuned. We plan on posting the results, no matter how good or bad they are.

Jim Hall
Halltech

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Dragstrip this weekend

Halltech said:
We will be happy with 12.00 @ 117 mph, but with the power we have now, 11.90 or less should be possible.

Ranger blasts through the 1/4 mile with 12.1s @116 to 117 and dynos at 345 RWHP. The dyno numbers are ok, but show nothing about the TRIC in its element. The Drag Strip.
Jim, FWIW. Here is what I've learned in 32 runs in my Z06 with Tric/Cobra.

Low ETs (12.1Xs or better), as you know, will only occur with 1.85 or lower 60' times and 330' times sub 5.2. Such low times have much more to do with traction than rear wheel horsepower. I don't know the reputation of the dragstrip you mentioned, but it will need to be well prepared (sticky) to achieve the splits that will make 12.00 or better (1.75 60'; sub 5.0 330'), assuming you'll be running stock tires. I'm sure you are practicing launching the car. It will be time well spent.

Trap speed is a different matter. My trap speeds are VERY consistent on any given day. Depending on the density altitude on the day you run, your traps should relate to your rwhp. So, you should achieve a fairly narrow band within the 116-118 mph range. Again the weather will drive where in that band your Z06 will be.

Good luck, Jim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts