Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I would ask Jim, but I believe you see the results when used with his other mods, ie his intake components.

JC

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Magic Box was to supposed to be good for about five HP at WOT. I put it on and didn't notice much difference. Then I took if off. After taking it off, I noted that there was MUCH less "sucking" sound from the tric/mag at WOT. So maybe I got the five and maybe not. Would I spend the money again? Probably not. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it make it run more rich or what? Want to sell yours? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jim said that the mb will not work for the 2002, that it doesnt need it. FYI

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wierd, I bought that system that was gonna be put on my '01 z06. Im glad I didnt now!

!!Museum Delivery August 23!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
the magic box only works if you take out the maf screen /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sounds like snake oil to me. I will cast a spell on your car which should improve hp by about 10, for only $39.95. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
151 Posts
Could I get two of those "Magic Spells" (20hp) for $79.90? The Check is in the mail! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
The halltech Magic Box is a 'fixed' in other words, already adjusted, MAF Translator. The plug ends don't fit the 01 MAF unless rewired. Maybe hall has gotten some plugs that makes it plug in easier, I am not sure about that. The maker of both the MAFT and Magic Box told me it would be awhile before he made the different plugs available.

The regular MAFTranslator can be adjusted lean or rich, according to what your car needs. The Magic Box is not adjustable.

RG

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone should rewire existing MAFTs to work on the new cars. I'd buy one today.

H

·
0 Posts

On 2001-08-13 10:03, SMFCPACFP spewed forth this drivel:
Sounds like snake oil to me. I will cast a spell on your car which should improve hp by about 10, for only $39.95. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll take one /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

H

·
0 Posts

On 2001-08-15 12:13, RG in Dallas spewed forth this drivel:

The halltech Magic Box is a 'fixed' in other words, already adjusted, MAF Translator. The plug ends don't fit the 01 MAF unless rewired. Maybe hall has gotten some plugs that makes it plug in easier, I am not sure about that. The maker of both the MAFT and Magic Box told me it would be awhile before he made the different plugs available.

The regular MAFTranslator can be adjusted lean or rich, according to what your car needs. The Magic Box is not adjustable.

RG

[
Call Shawn Whitehead (Killibrez) for more information on his MAF Translator:
http://www.vetteguru.com/mods/maf/

H

·
0 Posts
The MB is a pre-set fuel enrichment code that was developed with the AutoTap on a customer's car that was throwing codes with the Granatelli MAF.

The Long Term Fuel Trims were between 17% to 25% in all 19 closed loop trims. Once we set the variable system to offset the MAF signal to the PCM, the LTFs returned to close to zero.

We have always said that our Magic Box is not needed if the laminar honeycomb screen is left in. The new 2002 MAF has probably been recalibrated to offset the lean condition created by removing the screen, thereby making the MB a waste of money for the 2002 at this time.

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts