Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who already have the TRIC, and want to upgrade to the TRIC/SideWinder convertible setup, $120.00 will buy the elbow. The change from TRIC to SideWinder will take only 5 minutes with an 8mm nutdriver.

Both the TRIC and the SideWinder utilize the same Racer's Wedge Halltech filter, and the same MAG (Max Airflow Generator), so upgrading for the rainy day, may be the ticket. We also sell the ProFlolactic Pre-filter for the TRIC, which is waterproof, but does pull 3-4 HP from the motor at redline.

To order:

http://www.corvettec5.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.100.exe/scstore/prod_tric1.html?L+scstore+qzjt2308+996314716

2002 Z06 Museum Delivery Build date: 7-30-01. Delivery- 8-21-01 8:00 AM
2000 LS1
1999 LS1 Engine and Drivetrain available for sale. Hood doors, seats, some body panels.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the chassis dyno there is no difference (measureable).

When moving, the TRIC, which picks up cold dense air, and some ram effect over 100 mph, will leave the SideWinder in the dust.

The TRIC will make approximately 3% to 4% more power than any underhood system, including the SideWinder under dynamic conditions.

We are working on a new MAF sensor for the 2002, which should work on the 2001 Z06 as well. We will need our 2002 Z06 before we can complete our testing. There are absolutely NO changes for the TRIC or SideWinder for 2002. The MAF has the same od and id as the 2001.

Last year, we had a customer, who had a warranty claim on oil consumption, get a new warranty engine from GM, with no warranty issues about the TRIC. They were interested in testing the unit, and actually purchased it from the customer. He called us to get a fair price quote for GM. He told GM his dyno testing showed over 20 RWHP with our mod, thus the purchase.

The Halltech MAF ends are part of the TRIC 97-2000 package and were tested by GMs engine facility. We never got the results, but interestly, the new 2002 MAFs come without the screen. Hummm. No further comment.
The hope is 7 to 10 additional RWHP with this MAF.

Its not the Granatelli unit. This is something completely different, to bring the 2001-02 TRIC into the higher numbers we see with the 97-2000 TRIC (27 RWHP).

Recently, GM (Holden Special Vehicle of Australia dynoed the Halltech TRIC, and found 22 HP with our 2000 AL3.5. 5 HP came from the MAF ends alone.

Since the 2001 and 02 have a molded 1 piece MAF, we cannot get these high numbers, even without the screen.

Our best pull on the dyno, was with Tom Easterday's RED Z06 (sold) which gained 17.7 RWHP at peak over stock, and 23.3 RWHP at redline over stock.

These numbers are strong, but we have seen less with other customers, but all of the Halltech's have been running big mph with the TRIC. Usually 3 to 4 mph more than advertised.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good mod tip. I was on the market for an intake and sounds like this one, although a little more in cost, is better than the others I've looked at. I tool a gander at the web site, good info out there to be had. I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks for it though.

Thanks again....

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just in time for our New TRIC T-1 Package. Our dyno session told us today that the water temp is critical to power on the 2002.

For whatever reason, the 97-2001 C5s dynoed best at 180 degree water temps. The oil temp should be at 210 or higher, but getting that and 180 water together is a challange.

Our TRIC T-1 package (not titanium) will address not only cold air induction, but the water temps. The Aluminum 6061T6 TRIC/MAG package is next up on the dyno, but numbers here will not reflect the total output of the the TRIC System, since the dyno cannot duplicate the cooler ambient air effect, and slight ram air effect over 100 mph.

Next week begins our TRIC challange week, with dyno testing of many new components. The TRIC T-1 package is ready for delivery. Pricing will be the best ever for members of this forum only. We will not offer this package for less anywhere else.

Our sale will begin on Labor Day, or after our dyno next week, whichever is first. If the Vortex beats our TRIC, we'll sell them.

We have a few surprises in store for the Z06 and LS1.

Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Halltech said:
Just in time for our New TRIC T-1 Package. Our dyno session told us today that the water temp is critical to power on the 2002.

For whatever reason, the 97-2001 C5s dynoed best at 180 degree water temps. The oil temp should be at 210 or higher, but getting that and 180 water together is a challange.

Our TRIC T-1 package (not titanium) will address not only cold air induction, but the water temps. The Aluminum 6061T6 TRIC/MAG package is next up on the dyno, but numbers here will not reflect the total output of the the TRIC System, since the dyno cannot duplicate the cooler ambient air effect, and slight ram air effect over 100 mph.

Next week begins our TRIC challange week, with dyno testing of many new components. The TRIC T-1 package is ready for delivery. Pricing will be the best ever for members of this forum only. We will not offer this package for less anywhere else.

Our sale will begin on Labor Day, or after our dyno next week, whichever is first. If the Vortex beats our TRIC, we'll sell them.

We have a few surprises in store for the Z06 and LS1.

Jim
The suspense is building. Even though most people know there is little ram air effect from any of these systems (surprise! yours included); and little, if any, measurable differences between all the cold air scoop vendor’s products including, surprise! yours, you market on. The marketing chutzpah from Halltech is admirable and I am amazed how far beyond embarrassment you can go.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Jim..way to go on your new ride..you lucky bashtich..LOL

Any ways..I think at speed there is a difference between your original halltech system with the donaldson ls900 filter and the Racers wedge..

I picked up in my 99 c5..1mph..so I like the design element on your original system with racerswedge element..

A lot guys go nuts with on my statistical analysis of performance increase..

I know I'm on target.

Getting to my idea on ZO6 with sidewinder..I think the filter placed in the flow of the flush zo6 screens allows good cool flow to the intake..

I think when the zo6 went flush on the screens..it improved airflow..into the engine bay..

I think the earlier (non ZO6)screens that were placed on back portion of the C5 foglight area..caused turbulence and was effectively low pressure area...

At speed I believe the sidewinder with the flush zo6 screens with its strategically placed filter will be even more impressive on track performance than static dyno..I think this system will get the cool air rush on the road and on the track...

Awesome system..awesome looking..

Good luck....with your new beautiful ride!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'98 Six Speed said:

The suspense is building. Even though most people know there is little ram air effect from any of these systems (surprise! yours included); and little, if any, measurable differences between all the cold air scoop vendor’s products including, surprise! yours, you market on. The marketing chutzpah from Halltech is admirable and I am amazed how far beyond embarrassment you can go.
Gee I wonder who this could be....??????:eek:

Hi Ernie!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jim

I have the titanium system, what things will I need to get to your 2002 "cool thing up your sleeve" position? :) I have the throttle body bypass, the mag and the Tric...

Thanks my friend

Trav!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have about 80% of our TRIC T-1 system. We are working on dyno testing everything before release. Stay tuned.

Once we have the TRIC T-1 finished, we'll start on the T-2.

All bolt ons and real HP gains with dyno sheets to back everything up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
WooHoo!

Im loving the 2002 already, isnt life great? The exhaust sound is just magic. Thanks for the heads-up

Trav!

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Jim, as you know I have been using the Vortex system on my '01 . I have been very satisfied with that unit. I had the Donaldson Blackwing prior to the Vortex , with no noticable gain sotp. I took delivery of my '02 EB Z06 2 weeks ago and have been following your recent threads closely. I'm just about ready to purchase 1 of YOUR systems. Is it possible to order you system both ways? In other words Sidewinder for rainey season [ I live in So. Florida] and have the abiliity to convert to bottom application during dry season? I believe I can fabricate a gate or door using velcro and plastic to cover hole in shroud when Sidewinder is in use. I viewed your install video clip via your web site . It is EXCELLENT. When installing the Tric unit through the shroud , do you 1st install the filter then wiggle through the shroud? Also Jim, I know there has been several versions of the Tric, Titanium etc , which is now available? Thanks, FUBU69/LES :smile:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FUBU,

Of course Jim will tell you the specifics on his new products...I would just tell you that originally..I was really impressed with the flexibilty to go either underhood or cold air when ever I felt like with the Halltech system. Before I actually drove the system I was concerned too..just like you..

Thats what I liked..5 minutes if you wanted you could go completely above shroud from cold air position..Thats a quick flip as the seasons change..As you mentioned it...I remember that was one part of the design that attracted me to the system..

Flexibility is designed into the Halltech system ..

Go cold air. and make the 5 minute sidewinder changeover when you feel like.

Best of both worlds..

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The TRIC/SideWinder Convertible

The best of both worlds! Yes you can. We sell the SideWinder carbon fiber elbow for $120.00 additional.

What you get is the TRIC/MAG for $698.00 and for $120.00 additional, the SideWinder convertible piece.

We have timed converting to the SideWinder from the TRIC. 1 minute, 21 seconds to change it. About the same time it takes to put up the convertible top. Well, maybe 1 minute longer.

The SideWinder and TRIC utilize the same Z1000 Wedge Filter, the same carbon fiber cobra, and all other pieces. The only difference is the carbon fiber elbow .vs the S Tunnel for the TRIC.

Let me know.

Jim Hall
Halltech

714-379-8200

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Jim, I just checked your web site. The price stated on your web site for the '02 Tric is $649 not $699 . Does the coolant by-pass come with the Tric? Just want to make sure there are no misunderstandings. Les:)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TRIC sale is Over

Our TRIC sale has been over for a week, but I have been out of town.

If our website still shows that price, we'll honor the pricing if ordered online.

Email me at [email protected] and ok the SideWinder addition if you want as a convertible system.

Thanks,

Jim Hall
Call with any questions toll free:

866-379-8200

1 - 19 of 19 Posts