Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confused by our posts? Many replies to our posts recently show that we are doing more harm than good with our research. I will quit posting our results immediately. You will be able to find our results at www.CorvetteC5.com under News and Information, and also our dyno section.

Some forum members spend hours researching every thread, every word, and every number to find any flaw in our research to try to make us look like our dyno numbers and research are bogus. That's ok, but the time I spend just defending myself has become too consuming. I recieve over 50 emails each day regarding information posted here and can no longer keep up with the questions.

Effective today, we will not be posting on the forum any longer. This is the same thing that happened on the corvetteforum and was the reason Halltech left that forum. This is a great forum and will be successful in the future, but only if vendors and manufaturers can participate without being on the defensive continuously.

Too many experts that have done no real testing on the dyno, spread misinformation make false assumptions, and nit pick every word posted by Halltech. It seems that the more I post, the more confused the forum becomes. I apologize for this.

This spring, over 100 T-1s will be cranking up, and we know what the dyno results will show.

I spend $125.-- per hour bringing this information to the forum. I have been honest, and forthcoming with all the information pertainent to our system. We do this to sell intakes and to bring information to the forum.

WE HAVE MADE OVER 30 RWHP WITH THE T-1 KIT over our best virgin stock pulls. This is proven on the dyno, and the numbers do not disappear.

Halltech can prove these numbers are real, repeatable, and easy to make. We have a candidate for the package delivering his 02 this Friday.

We have the T-1 at Katech, Doug Rippie, and soon to Mallet and Lingenfelter. The results will be the same as ours.

I thought that bringing detailed information to this forum would be a welcome program. They apparently cause more confusion than good.

The composite T1 will be finished soon. Check out our website for future discounts for forum members.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Pls Reconsider

Jim,

IMHO:
I speak for myself here i wish you would still post all results and updates i find them very informitive dont let apples be so......:cheers:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Re: Pls Reconsider

IMA Z06 said:
Jim,

IMHO:
I speak for myself here i wish you would still post all results and updates i find them very informitive dont let apples be so......:cheers:
I agree, I respect and agree your opinions but sometimes they are hard for us non techies to understand if not 100% clear. It is the wanabies that muddy the water. I just want good ole fashion honest information, nothing else, but the truth..........

·
Registered
787 Posts
As a member with no vested interest in the forum other than the info that I can get here, I'd ask that you stay here as well. I work in an engineering environment and am all too familiar with people who practice "paralysis through analysis", SMEs (subject matter experts) who couldn't find their butt with both hands, and endless what-ifers. That's bound to happen here as well, unfortunately. Don't let it get to you. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That's unfortunate Jim,

I enjoyed your postings. But I do understand where your coming from with the shadow boxing groundless accusations. Hopefully, you'll reconsider at some point. Thanks for your contributations.

Dave:(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please do not let the idiots ruin your thoughts of the silent majority. I bought your system because you were the only vendor posting true results. If you were trying to bull one over on us, then all your numbers would be the same from past test.

Please continue to post and just ignore the crap that follows. The true consumers will know the truth from their own research and continue to buy your products. If you must, but a tag line at the end of your post stating that you will not reply to bogus claims and will answer legitimate questions from potential consumers.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I appreciate Jim's postion on this matter.

At some point, responding to myriad email questions gets to be too much. That's why companies use their web sites to reply to the most common questions and post testing results.

I've also watched, with some dismay, forum members be particlularly discourteous in their responses to some of Jim's posts. So I understand his decision to follow a new path in disclosing his test results.

Ranger

·
Registered
397 Posts
Please reconsider...

Jim, I sure hope you reconsider as I know that the vast majority of us here greatly appreciate your active support of this forum with your knowledgeable, non-BS posts. Please don't let a handful of naysayers dissuade you.

I understand your position, however, and support you in that regard.

Greatly looking forward to the receipt of my T-1 soon. I for one have little doubt it will perform as advertised!

Thanks again for your support.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jim,

I have always found your posts to be honest, forthcoming and very informative. Hell, it's why I bought the TRIC, TB and TBB set up from you. Don't let a few "wannabies" disrupt the flow of information for those of us that truely appreciate the insight you offer day in and day out.

Mark

·
Registered
912 Posts
JIM,

Sorry to hear you won't be posting anymore,I've always found you post very informative and never felt they were misleading thats why i purchased your composite T-1.Iguess you just can 't make some people happy no matter what you do and unfortunitly it will hurt the rest of us who enjoyed your post ,just my opinon.Hope you change your mind Jim because a large majority of us really appreciate the time and effort you have put forward,thanks again.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Jim:

I have read every post of yours since I came to this forum after buying my first Vette. Why? Because no-one else is stepping up to the plate with soooo much backup (dyno figures etc..) On top of that, the people that own your go-fast goodies have nothing but the greatest things to say about it, your company and most of all you. I understand your position but do hope you reconsider.

I appreciate all of your posts and look forward to doing business with you after I build up some cash reserves.

Sincerely,

Paul

·
Registered
666 Posts
Jim,

I agree with all the previous post and wish that you would reconsider posting on the forum. Your input and knowledge is very helpful to those of us that do not have sufficient knowledge and experience. We look to the experts like you for this.

Yes, there are always going to be doubters and those who think they know it all anywhere you go.

I have ordered your T-1 and look forward to installing it as one of my first mods (along with others I will add later from Halltech). It was this forum that lead me to your product and the post of happy customers.

I am surprised you can even find the time to reply to half of the post and still keep a business and family life.

Your post have been appreciated and hope you reconsider.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Jim, please reconsider!

Jim, I REALLY hope you reconsider...I have learnred ALOT from your posts... very informative..enjoyed following your step by step testing,R&D etc...VERY COOL to say the the least...I will miss it...I know I am being selfish but understand why you are tired of dealing with it.

I will be ordering your RC injectors and AFR box in the next upcoming days(in cabin install with a Scanmaster set-up;)) to compliment my header /exhaust set-up as well as my existing Vortex cold air System....you really got my creative "juices " flowing...for that sir I thank you. :)

Since I am now a HUGE fan, I will be checking your site out on a regular basis......you are a 1st class guy....again, I hope you reconsider.Fubu/Les:)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
DITTO WHAT RANGER SAID!!!!

We'll miss you Jim, but we'll still be able to check out your products testing on the C5 Forum :D And, if serious buyers have questions, they know where to get the answers.....at least I would think they would be able to call Halltech direct ;)

Best to you Jim and Thank You for your past efforts:cheers:

Barrie

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Jim,

The ONLY thing I wish you'd do differently from what you've been doing is refer to yourself (your company, really) in the first person. Saying "I" instead of "Halltech" would only endear you to this forum that much more (as opposed to sounding like a pro football player who thinks too highly of himself, or a faceless vendor giving a company line). We all know that YOU (and people working for you) are "Halltech," and it has always seemed odd to me that you refer to "Halltech" like some distant, big-brother'esque company that only allows you to say what they tell you to.

If "Halltech" wants to stop posting here, then that may be ok (I don't think it would be) -- but YOU, Jim Hall, who just happens to be posting about some great products that his company is putting out, should NOT stop posting here.

We could all go directly to manufacturers to hear what they have to say about their own products, but that's exactly why we come HERE for info -- to get straight, unbiased, real-experience-based opinions on things. For me, hearing more from "Jim Hall," that other guy who loves Z06's, would be a real plus.

I appreciate your info and research. And since it's YOURS, go ahead and take some more credit for it, and shed some of the "Halltech" cloaking. ;)

(A petty greivance? Of course. But it might speak to your image, and you know what they say about image... :) )

Thanks, Jim!

-Kirk

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Ah contrerie, Jim

You are one of the FEW venders that back up your claims with dyno results, facts and figures. It is much appreciated and much respected.

Do Not take your T1 and go home. We love you and respect you.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Jim,

I was skeptical of your product at first...but the forum and it's information is what MADE me a believer of your product, and why I purchased it. Just my humble opinion. :cheers:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Jim, I too am sadened that it has come to this. Why do these people have to try and make someones product look bad? I bought my T-1 directly because you were posting info on these forums about it. You stepped up to the plate with your product, you didn't have to but you did. I am truly pissed at these guys who think they know it all about the product you developed.:mad: I am looking forward to seeing if they are man enough to step up and appologize......I doubt it! Please come back Jim, we need your expertise!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Jim

I hope you do reconsider. I looked forward to your posts first in the MYZ06 section and had questions answered by you. This type of interaction convinced me to purchase the composite T-1. If you do stop posting, the forum will go on, however a quality person and vendor won't be on it!!

Mike

1 - 20 of 65 Posts