Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
9,132 Posts
Jim:
I currently have a K&N filter on the stock air box with a sleeve connecting it to the TB. This is also a bottom breather setup.
I also dyno the car with the hood up and a fan at the front of the car.
In my sig you can see my latest dyno #s and my other mods.
What are the chances of getting another 13 rwhp out of your SideWinder?
I am trying to get 375 rwhp with bolt-ons.

Thank You.

· Premium Member
9,132 Posts
Halltech said:

Hi Tom, Our goal now is to move forward, after what seemed like a nightmare on this stock numbers game.

Sometimes we move too fast with our units, getting them to market after initial testing provide us with awesome SOTP results.

Now that this monster makes the numbers, we can push into the next era.

When I say that the SideWinder was the only mod, I am serious. We haven't even changed the oil. We have oil that makes 1% on the dyno, any dyno. Even Warren Johnsons. I used to work for a oil company that sponsored many of the #1 Pro Stock cars and AA Fuel Dragsters. This oil is only one part of the picture coming to Kansas.

If our numbers had remained lower than the 2001, launching anything would have seemed futile at best. Now the confidence has waxed strong, so the other mods will really provide results.

375 will be a minimum number. Our goal is 378 with the T-1 and 390 with the T-2. I think your goals match ours!

BTW, I've heard great things about your ride. 360 + already.

Jim
Thank you Jim> I just need another 11-12 hp to reach my goal.
I'll be watching closely. :D

· Premium Member
9,132 Posts
Re: Open Loop vs Closed Loop-What's this?

Halltech said:

Now programming and WOT.

WOT is OL-2 fuel cell 21, which is not a order taking fuel cell. The factory sets this at about 13:1. It can be convinced by the PCM to add some fuel, if a certain fuel trim threashold has been reached. The problem is. Each time you enter WOT, the PCM looks at the fuel cell you were in JUST BEFORE you floor it.

If that cell has close to zero for it long term trims, it doesn't add anything more, so 13:1. If however the computer sees say 15% Long term trims in that cell, it adds additional fuel to WOT.

So each time you dyno, you need to have the AutoTap onboard just to make sure the WOT setting is close to 13:1.

Now that I have said that. 13:1 may be ideal for your car and mods and not ideal for mine. What is ideal? Anywhere from 12.6:1 to 13.1:1 (usually) I'm hedging, but that's because no one really knows. Somtimes a slightly richer mixture will help avoid spark knock, but the unburned fuel makes it out the exhaust, which sends the trims into a rich condition. The C5 tolerences are 23% unexpected air in any trim over the setpoint will through a MIL lean code P0171 or P0174 or both. The tolerence for unexpected fuel is 10%.

If you put an aftermarket intake on your car, the 10 to 15% LTFs will not throw a code. If you forget to tighten a hose clamp to the throttle body, as we did on our TRIC pull, that plus the airbox, puts it over the threshold and your code pops. You will also get the smoke detector to go off more often if you place it in the kitchen.

The ideal air fuel ratio is the ratio that allows the most O2 into the mixture, without spark knock retard on your car-someone mentioned the sniffer-good for just that

As you get closer and closer to that spark knock threashold, you see the need for cooler temps. That's what keeps the knock retard down. The IAT temps, water temps, and other factors have an influence on these parameters.

When you have your car programmed, the programmer really needs you car to do it right. Even cars with the same mods, will have different thresholds.:)
Jim:
My computer was done by Z-industries recommended by Hib H.
Looking at my dyno sheet in my sig you will see 11.5 to 1 AFR at higher rpms, is this to rich?

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.