Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HALLTECH 'SLAM' TWIN TURBO
Halltech Systems will be going forward with the Twin Turbo Project. Nickname "SLAM" (short for surface to land air missle)

Halltech 'SLAM' Z06 Twin Turbo

The Halltech "SLAM" Twin-Turbo kit, will be a bolt on OTT (Over the Top) Twin-Turbo kit, utilizing Turbonetics Garrett T3/T4 Hybrid Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbos, Spearco High Efficiency Intercoolers, Halltech TRIC Induction in Aluminum and AFR Calibrator; ADI Exhaust Manifolds; ADI/Borla Racing Cat Back Exhaust; ADI Ducting Tubes; Halltech Silicone Ducting Hose; Breeze Stainless Steel T-Bolt and V-Band Clamps; Data Acquision (TBD); Electronic Waste-gate Control; ARP Fasteners; The development and fabrication by ADI/Willis; Full CARB Certifictation; Full intallation available and ADI Installation Diagrams/Drawings/Intruction. Full Halltech tech support, dyno testing, drag strip results, and dealer/installer referrals. 10% Deposit Required. $1,200.00 Anticipated completion date of prototype-March 22, 2002. Production to begin April 9th, 2002; Shipments to begin April 26th, 2002.

Price: 12000.00 USD

In our former post, we saw 42 prospective buyers for this system. We will have many more details on this project next Tuesday, but it looks like everything has come together to develop a TT for the Z06.

Our design will be around the LS6 engine and not the LS1. It may be possible to take the steps necessary in design to fashion a system for the LS1, but not initially.

This project is now underway, but please be patient and save your emails. I will post to this thread as we get closer to prototype. Corvette Fever will be testing our 2002 with the Halltech Twin Turbo onboard.

We are shooting for $12,000- $13,000 for the complete system.

This system will also work with the T-1 MAG section of those that have the T-1 and T-1C.

For customers that do not have the TRIC or T-1 the cost will be slightly more, since those components will necessarily be required.

Programming and full time tech support will be included in our pricing.

Jim Hall

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
All I can say is OMFG....

Mark

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Halltech said:
Our design will be around the LS6 engine and not the LS1.
Jim Hall
Finally, someone that developes a product specifically for the ZO6

And Jim, there really is a missle in the US arsenal called a SLAM, we used to launch them off of our planes but the acronym means something different.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Man that is gonna kick ass!!!! I gotta start saving some cash now. I can only assume this mod would void the factory warranty. Can't wait to see some pics and dyno sheets!

Paul

:Z:

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's very nice of you to step up to the table and develop a Z06 specific TT, not base on the LS1 and modified it to work for the LS6. I'm starting my piggy bank today. Keep us posted.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Halltech 'SLAM' Twin Turbo

VettTheRipper said:

Finally, someone that developes a product specifically for the ZO6

And Jim, there really is a missle in the US arsenal called a SLAM, we used to launch them off of our planes but the acronym means something different.
I know. All of our systems are missles. The SideWinder, the Stinger and the AGM-84 Harpoon
SLAM [Stand-Off Land Attack Missile]

My step-son is a pilot. He owns and flys three Draken Fighters from Sweden. His company plays war games with the Navy and Air-Force out of Virginia Beach, VA. by contract. They are negotiating right now for some Israeli Jets.

Jim

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sweet, a twin turbo for the Z!

The estimated 250 figure is RWHP, right?

I can't wait until you get a prototype working and dynoed! I especially want to compare the results to a Procharger :)

600+ RWHP... I'm going to have a joygasm!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have two C5s for the first set

The 2002 Z06 which is at 400 RWHP NOW, with the Stinger setup will be the first to be "SLAMED"

The LS1 rods might not survive the ordeal of boost. I have seen too many let loose with NOS or a little gulp of H20 which the LS6 seems to ignore. The LS6 rods and rod bolts have been designed for more extreme conditions. Testing will be extensive.

We are working hand and hand with a very large company to bring this project to fruitation. This temporary collaboration between our two companies will bring the very best turbo system every made for the C5 Corvette.

The thinking here is to have a system ready for the C6 as well, the day it hits the street.

It is our understanding that the C6 is destined for 2006 and will come with the Z06 405 HP engine in the Cpe and Convertible. If the 427 hits the street, and we are hearing more strong rumors about this, the TT would be a 9 second bolt on. Traction and clutch problems will be addressed by launch time.

In other words, what bolts on, unbolts when your C6 arrives. I am not making a guarantee that it will fit, but we will have one of the first C6s on the road and will have anything needed for retrofitting available.

Jim

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
250 BHP

zurmagus said:
Sweet, a twin turbo for the Z!

The estimated 250 figure is RWHP, right?

I can't wait until you get a prototype working and dynoed! I especially want to compare the results to a Procharger :)

600+ RWHP... I'm going to have a joygasm!
We will start with approximately 665 HP on our test car, but release the street package at 625 HP. If we can find a clutch and tires to hold the power to the ground, we'll shoot for more.

In my book, more is always better. If the drivetrain could handle it, I would build it at 800 or 900 HP, but that's another day.

Jim

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
This sounds really cool.

I just hope the bottom end will take the power as it seems everyone else offering that kind of horsepower uses an aftermarket crank, rods, etc..

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Jim

What steps are you taking in going to 10 PSI boost??.
The range for a 10.5/1 ratio, seems to indicate 7 to be "Pushing the Envelope"..........IF you want it to live for long........
What say ye????:-?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Being able to bolt-on and bolt-off the twin turbos when moving from a C5 Z06 to a C6 sounds pretty appealing. Might make it easier to justify the cost.

- Charley

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Jim:

As everyone has said..AWESOME! Looking forward for more details.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Halltech said:
HALLTECH 'SLAM' TWIN TURBO
Halltech Systems will be going forward with the Twin Turbo Project. Nickname "SLAM" (short for surface to land air missle)

Our plans include a bolt on design that will be available for purchase as a complete kit. Utilizing the TRIC and MAG for the final intake, the New Borla XR exhaust, Garrett Twin Turbos (ceramic ball bearing) and a boost level of around 7 psi (Our testing will be at 10 psi), this street kit should be worth 250 HP on the Z06. We will be incorporating new Spearco design intercoolers, so that 91 Octane Premium gas can be used.

We will be looking for a CA E.O. number to satisfy the EPA.

In our former post, we saw 42 prospective buyers for this system. We will have many more details on this project next Tuesday, but it looks like everything has come together to develop a TT for the Z06.

Our design will be around the LS6 engine and not the LS1. It may be possible to take the steps necessary in design to fashion a system for the LS1, but not initially.

This project is now underway, but please be patient and save your emails. I will post to this thread as we get closer to prototype. Corvette Fever will be testing our 2002 with the Halltech Twin Turbo onboard.

We are shooting for $12,000- $15,000 for the complete system. Less if possible.

Once the prototype is on the street, we will be taking deposits (50%). We will have a timetable next Tuesday.

This system will also work with the T-1 MAG section of those that have the T-1 and T-1C.

For customers that do not have the TRIC or T-1 the cost will be slightly more, since those components will necessarily be required.

Programming and full time tech support will be included in our pricing.

Jim Hall
Jim,

If the stock market were up, I'd be interested and take another trip down to HB.

john

:)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After your post

Our stock is up.

It was a pleasure doing business with you. It was worth the labor to see your car make the power we promised. Your actual RWHP was exactly the same as ours, before we installed the Borlas.

Best regards,

Jim

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Jim

ZO6LS6 said:
What steps are you taking in going to 10 PSI boost??.
The range for a 10.5/1 ratio, seems to indicate 7 to be "Pushing the Envelope"..........IF you want it to live for long........
What say ye????:-?
The only obstacle to running more boost with high compression is spark knock and then detonation.

It's all in the intercooler.

When we built Turbo motorcycles that could run Premium fuel on the street making 18 PSI, and 350 HP, the intercooler was the key. These were all blow-through design systems.

My current bike can go to 26 PSI easily, but since it is a draw through carbureted turbo, water injection is the only way to stave off detonation, along with 120 Octane Fuel.

The Blow-through design of our C5 system with large enough intercoolers will make everything work.

The C6 will have even more frontal open area for intercoolers.

Jim

1 - 20 of 46 Posts