Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Believer.
I drove down to Jim's shop from LA today and he installed the T-1. Jim was great to deal with and even let me drive his EB Z06, complete with the T-1 and Halltech Kit package already installed.
WOW!! That car just screamed and cried out "I'm hungry, find me a viper !" Needless to say, I kept it under control due to patroling cop cars and the neighborhood streets. [These Z06's are almost too easy to drive, even at rapid take offs and accelerations.]
His car wanted to grow wings as I accelerated into the 4000+ RPM range, and it breathed effortlessly.

Once Jim installed my T-1 and let it "learn" for a few minutes I was off and running- installation time was only around 30 minutes.
I set off on the road back to the office and experimented throughout the gears and speed range.
I immediately experienced a different sensation in the ease in which acceleration began and continued throughout the RPM range-- the car seemed to generate a less high pitched noise in the higher RPM's, while the torque seemed stronger from the start. It was somewhat reminiscent of my air filter/induction changes done on my prior Z-28's and TransAms with the K&N and other aftermarket mods. Driving even in 6th, the car responded with a more noticable acceleration as I cruised on the highway from 50-70 MPH. Off the line, acceleration just seemed faster, but almost in an effortless, smoother fashion.

I am very happy with the results I noticed and look forward to the dyno data Jim is posting.
Based on my 2 hour experience at all different speeds on surface roads and the highway, I'm convinced it made a significant improvement and trust others will experience the same change also.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm thinking about one.How much did it cost you?What do you do with the stock air filter assembly? Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks for posting the review, it helps me to come to my decision.

Do you have any more measured SOTP evaluation? For example, does it spin the tires easier off the line? Can you spin the tires in 3rd where you couldn't before? Anything that let's you know it is definitely more powerful on the road.

I am assuming that you went with the standard T1 filter, not the one with the open chrome ending on it.

Thanks.

- Charley

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CDHough-I went with the standard T-1, not the Titanium.
I haven't driven much with Competition mode, and have never spinned the tires in any gear! Maybe I'm missing out on something. The noticable increase is the overall feeling of faster acceleration througfhout the entire RPM range.
If you can spin the tires let me know how and I'll try it...

Torched- The cost for us Z06 forum members is $509.
That is one big @ssed filter that is there to suck in more air.

I'm still driving to catch up to the increase as I only have driven to and from work in the last day and hope to take it out soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts