Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished installing the T-1 on my car today, after having it overnighted taking full advantage of the holiday pricing :) I was so careful not to overextend the filter, and followed the directions to the "T". I also needed Jim's help and he was there to help me past a couple pesky problems I had. (Thanks, Jim) You can even hear the car sucking air from the filter. :sneaky: What a difference! The car sounds great under WOT and feels tremendous! I have posted some pictures of the final installation, http://www.lvcm.com/getleaner
Jim, if you happen to read this post would you mind just looking at the position of everything and letting me know if it looks okay.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looking good,i should have my T-1 by friday..also took advantage of the holiday pricing from Halltech:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Anything keep the metal clamps from rubbing on the fan shroud?
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AgentZ06 said:
Okay, that's it! I gotta get one... :sneaky:

SOTP difference? Tell me... :)
The first thing I noticed after installation; and of course the idle re-learn, was the sound of the engine backing out of my driveway, it had such a throatier resonance when I blipped the throttle. The next thing I noticed; was the fact I needed to use less gas pedal than normal. The car had been completely warmed up from the idle re-learn so I took it to the nearest place I could hit a 0-60 shot. Wham, I felt it. This thing took off like a scalded cat. Then off to the hiway, put it in 3rd dropped the hammer and vroooommmm, needless to say I was sold. I really need to hit a dragstrip, and I cherish the day I will get to reveal the true #'s. But for now I can honestly say I feel the T-1 was an excellent investment. Anyone whom might be doing thier own install feel free to contact me for a couple pointers while it is still fresh in my mind. :)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fyrcaptain said:
Anything keep the metal clamps from rubbing on the fan shroud?
Judging by the picture it does look like that they are rubbing, however they are slightly suspended and the whole unit seems to stay in place very well. After a 30 min. test drive I came back to check all connections and everything was tight with no rubbing.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Vey nice! I've been thinking of replacing my Black Wing, and this may the one!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Did you change the throttle body or Mass Air? Is there a need?

Getting ready to visit Halltech over the Holidays!
Can't wait!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Z06_2002 said:
I finished installing the T-1 on my car today, after having it overnighted taking full advantage of the holiday pricing :) I was so careful not to overextend the filter, and followed the directions to the "T". I also needed Jim's help and he was there to help me past a couple pesky problems I had. (Thanks, Jim) You can even hear the car sucking air from the filter. :sneaky: What a difference! The car sounds great under WOT and feels tremendous! I have posted some pictures of the final installation, http://www.lvcm.com/getleaner
Jim, if you happen to read this post would you mind just looking at the position of everything and letting me know if it looks okay.
What is the difference between the T-1 and the Tric?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
G

·
Installation is ok except for.......

the position of the Z1000. Laying it on the shroud will block 50% of the airflow.

Try to move it upright somewhat to expose as much of the filter area as possible.

Note the position of the Z1000 in this picture:

Remember to install it again as one piece rather than the filter last. You got that right on.

The sucking will go away once your trims settle in, but the incredible induction sound will not.

The sucking sound will be replaced with the 16 RWHP and instant response (20 ft. lbs torque) when the Long Term Fuel Trims return the trims to 14.6:1.

Tommorrow the real fun begins!

PS The links do not work with our site. Just go to www.CorvetteC5.com and click on Intake.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I got my T1 last week, but have not been able to install it yet, hope to do it today or tomorrow.
The finish on mine was outstanding (mirror like) I had read of someone that had said the finish on theirs was not good:-?
Packaging was outstanding:)

Had some problems with email communications with Jim Hall, but that was due to problems on his email end:(

Z06_2002, PM me with your installation tips please:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Z06_2002 said:
Hey, what holiday pricing? The $599 is the usual price, and the price for forum members and non members.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check it out, Halltech extended the holiday pricing thru DEC..:cool:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This might help

Those that have bought or are contemplating buying (great price, wished I had waited ) go to Halltech's website www.corvettec5.com and go to the top, pick "installation". There is a really good set of instructions with text and color pics (it's a pdf file)
HTH

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I downloaded that pdf file myself, it is very instructive, but the placement of the filter is still a mystery to me, I cannot replicate the pictures for the life of me, and apparently the way I have it installed is incorrect.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Z06_2002 said:
I cannot replicate the pictures for the life of me, and apparently the way I have it installed is incorrect.
You mean the way the filter tilts up so the "face' catches more air?

What about that reference to the velcro, mine did not come with any velcro:-?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fyrcaptain said:

You mean the way the filter tilts up so the "face' catches more air?

Exactly, I cannot rotate mine up, without the hood not closing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts