Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and I was just wondering how many other '02's were using this intake?

I will give a full report after the install and relearn. :)

In the meantime... any other '02 Sidewinder brothers out there? :-?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Don't have one, would like one! Are these strictly bolt on with no pcm reprogramming needed? Some intakes actually make the 2002 Z06 horsepower go down:-? Does anybody have any dyno numbers on this mod by itself on a 2002 z06?

Can you extend the holiday pricing???? I will but it for the holiday price!!!:D :D

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better hurry!

I saw a post on here earlier extending the sale price through 12/20. :eek:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002blackZ06 said:
Thanks, it is 11:25 here in Alberta, and I just sent them an e-mail to see if I can still get it for the sale price!:cheers:
No problem... hope you get it for the sale price! :)

I can't wait to install mine... :cheers:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Chris,

I have had both the Tric and now the Sidwinder on the 02. I don't have any dyno results, but there is no doubt they make a few extra HP. They look purdy too!

I have no doubt you will be happy.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear Fanatical! :cheers:

Did you change from the Tric because of water concerns?

Just curious.... :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mine's still in the box. I know, I know.......
Got it couple weeks ago. Should have waited (shoulda, coulda, woulda).
Check some of the recent posts on the Halltech

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8225

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7790

The finish on mine was beeyouteefull! If you like the carbon fiber stuff, you will love the look. I had contacted Jim about black silicon hose for the connections instead of red so it looks a little stealthy. He was supposed to be checking.
I think for the 02 cars it's the way to go. jim states that you can go with stock injectors as the fuel trims will adjust. Ideal a MAFT, T1 and maybe possibly #30's just to reduce the duty cycle of the injector, but again according to Jim they got their gains with a stock 02 and the T1.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C'mon fyrcaptain! Watcha waiting on? :D

Get that thing on your car and tell us what you think.... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
AgentZ06 said:
C'mon fyrcaptain! Watcha waiting on? :D

Get that thing on your car and tell us what you think.... :cheers:
Yeah I know Agent, but got to do the Holiday stuff, follow orders from the war department (the Mrs), etc........:mad:
I'll get it on sooooooon:D

H

·
0 Posts
$499.00 Sale Price is good until the end of the year

We have had an excellent response to our sale price, so we've decided to extend this pricing through December.

Jim

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
here's some help

Those that have bought or are contemplating buying (great price, wished I had waited:( ) go to Halltech's website www.corvettec5.com and go to the top, pick "installation". There is a really good set of instructions with text and color pics (it's a pdf file)
HTH

·
Registered
764 Posts
Agent,

The TRIC on an 02 can cause some "surging" on little to no throttle situations. I was one of the very first installs of the TRIC on the 02 and Haltech found that the 02's with the MAF screen removed were prone to this condition.

Jim made it right with me and switched me to the sidewinder. No more surging and I would reccomend this system to anyone with an 02.

Mark

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fanatical1 said:
Agent,

The TRIC on an 02 can cause some "surging" on little to no throttle situations. I was one of the very first installs of the TRIC on the 02 and Haltech found that the 02's with the MAF screen removed were prone to this condition.

Jim made it right with me and switched me to the sidewinder. No more surging and I would reccomend this system to anyone with an 02.

Mark
:cool:

Thanks for the reply.... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts