Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I recall Jim saying that while the T1V looks super cool, the Z1000 (or the one that comes with the T1 now) is the bad boy as its much larger and uses the synthetic material......

I do like the look of that filter though, especially on the T1 where its exposed when you open the hood. On the TRIC, not nearly as impressive.....unless you crawl under your car alot :)

JC

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Great question, I was wondering the same thing. I am also curious about how the Titan compares to the sidewinder. Anyone know?

- Charley

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Hopefully he'll step in here but I know he has had LOTS of computer related problems over the last week.......

Hang in there........

JC

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I find all the different filter choices a bit confusing too, as to which goes with what Halltech intake system. A selection chart (w/pics hopefully) for TRIC vs. T1 vs. TITAN would be very helpful. Also, what are the options for each system as far as ducting materials?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Since Jim is at SEMA for a few days, I have this that he sent me:

The TRIC: Best for the track, since it gets constant cold air and some ram air. Recommended for competition only, and only with the laminar honeycomb screen on the MAF (2001 version of the MAF). 17 RWHP on the 2001 Z06. Untested on the 2002 as of now, except by a customer who showed 371+ RWHP (+20 RWHP) Not recommended in the rain, cutting of the shroud. Carbon fiber aluminum Tunnel Ram. Uses the Z1000 Race Filter, and comes with pre-filter.

The T-1 (formerly SideWinder): Used by Mallet and other big names. 16.2 RWHP/20 ft. lbs torque on the 2002 Z06. All weather, pure carbon fiber, underhood system. Uses the Z1000 Race Filter.

The Titan: Carbon Fiber Titanium system. Uses the Z1000 PS (Power Stack) filter or Race Filter (no cost option), underhood no cutting, all weather, untested yet.

And a small chart: http://www.z06vette.com/docs/hit.doc

As for explaining the components:

The Cobra air bridge (comes with all the kits) is the carbon fiber air bridge.

Ahead of this is the MAF.

Ahead of the MAF is the 90 degree elbow (if you have the T1), the alum or titanium through-the-shroud tunnel (if you have the TRIC (the TRIC is actually the metal "pipe") or the straight titanium underhood piece (if you have the Titan). Ahead of all these is either the Wedge or 1000 series filter.

Hope that helps........again, I'm only passing this info from Jim so......

JC

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks for posting the information.

I guess that we will have to wait for the Titan results. I am wondering if there is any advantage of the Titan over the T-1. The T-1 is $100 cheaper and it would appear that is would draw cold air better being positioned right by the cold air intake. Hopefully the dyno testing that Jim is going to be doing will shed more light on this.

- Charley

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello,

From what I understand, the T-1 and the Titan are the same setup except that the 90 degree elbow that connects the MAF ( Mass Air Flow) sensor to the filter is made of Titanium instead of carbon fiber. I have the T-1 with the Z1000 filter and I can tell you that it ROCKS. Hope that this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts