Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase the Halltech Titanium and Carbon Fiber TRIC intake system for my 2002 Z06 that is on order and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on it ? Has anyone had a problem with this set up ? Also, how does it change the sound when used with the stock headers and exhaust ? Is there any kind of maintenence related to it besides for just cleaning the filter every once in a while ? I have heard something about needing to check for codes ???...Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
Garrett,

I have the Titanium Tric/mag on my 02 Z for about the last 5 days.

No codes, no problems. I do hear an increase in sound from the exhaust/intake. But I suspect some of it is drowned out by the 02's louder exhaust note.

Overall, I think the system is great, and after removing the stock intake and bridge, I have no doubt that the intake will make more HP.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've instaled it on my 01 Z. No problems, Intake and exhaust sound increased along with a very solid 4th gear. I've noticed 4th gear has improved very noticeably. Love the mods.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've had the Tric w/ Cobra on mine since late February. 6k miles. No maintenance. I'll probably clean the filter soon. On the 01 it does create a distinctive raspy throat half throttle onward that I like a lot. Before- and after- dynos brought SAE +10 rwhp AND +15 rwtq. Must admit I couldn't feel it SOTP, but it definitely shows at the track in the form of improved trap speeds.

Ranger

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info ! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm glad to hear that it does add a little bit of throatier sound and power. It should sound amazing with the new 2002 exhaust. Thanks ! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Z

·
0 Posts
I had the titanium since the day Jim Hall decided to get it out to the public. No complaints - and a very sexy system /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts