Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll

I installed my TRAP intake and it is now time to clean the filter. It was a real pain in the ass trying to get the filter installed behind the front plates the first time :mah: . The radiator shroud was the real pain. I had to undo it a little then slid in the filter and try to tighten the lower pipe blind :crazy: .

Anyway I do not want to have to go through this every time it needs cleaning. Any ideas or tips to make the job easier, or should I just get a new frickin intake (the TRAP was a lot of $$$).

-David

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Convert it to the HallTech stinger style by leaving off the last plenum.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Jack the car up when removing/installing the filter, and also have a friend over to assist when doing it. That's all you can do to make it easier.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I remove the bottom fasteners that hold the plastic cover to the bottom of the bumper and push it down as far as I can without doing any damage. Then install the air filter to the bottom part of the TRAP. Then install the top part of the TRAP and MAF together. Now you can push the filter/tube down into place, install the top part of the TRAP to the TB and then finally connect it together at the MAF. Push the plastic cover back into place and reinstall the fasteners. You don't have to jack your car up to do this and only takes a few minutes. Not as bad as it sounds. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I will give your advice a try.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK got the job done, thanks for everyones advice. I guess I'll keep the intake for now. A little lesson that I learned to add to everyone else's tips. When bringing the shroud back together with the front end, I found it difficult to hold the pieces together and still put in the screws (its a tight fit with the huge filter and only a few inches ground clearance). So I used two pieces of duct tape to hold the pieces together while I put on the screws. I also washed the car while I was out there :coo: :coo: :coo: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts