Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own the SideWinder or TRIC Intake system, you may already have 80% of the T-1 setup.

Today we are redynoing Virgin Stock at four different dyno shops in So. CA. Halltech will drop off the Z06 and have no input except our check for these dynos. Dyno numbers will be then compared with our SideWinder system. Comparisons to the TRIC will be after our T-1 package, since the TRIC vs SideWinder dynos have already been completed with virtually no difference in chassis dyno results. The TRIC did make more torque throughout the pull, with just over 1.5 RWHP more at 6700 RPM. The TRIC has an increase in power after the SideWinder and stock fall off.

This is not an anomoly, since the TRIC has always peaked at redline rather than the advertised peak. In the case of the 2002, the peak hp for stock comes in at 6,000 rpm. The TRIC at 6700 rpm.

Full details to be released Friday.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
251 Posts
I cant wait! I wanna t-1 it up! I have the titanium package with the red cobra. Can I upgrade to t-1 without having to replace the inobtanium cobra and titanium?

·
Registered
420 Posts
The T-1 is listed on Jim's page now. Looks to be a complete set of mods, including the things you already have.

Wonder how much power comes from the reprogramming? Looks like a pretty good total bolt-on setup.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ugh, wont new injectors void the warranty. I wonder how much horse power we are talking about here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Filter placement

One critical area on the TRIC T-1 (SideWinder) Intake is the positioning of the filter. Make sure you turn the filter toward the front of the airvent. You will not be able to set it up perpendicular, but if the filter is resting on the shroud in any way, it will cause extreme turbulence and restricted airflow resulting in very poor dyno numbers.

You want to make sure that the connection of the CF Elbow to the MAF is tightened properly and not loose. Connections must be secure or unregistered air will cause incorrect PCM readings.

This is of course true with any intake.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
T-1 postponed results to be posted Tuesday

We are trying to get our complete kit online, but Chris Morgan left us yesterday, and I am going to have to spend time in the shop getting orders out for a few days.

We do have most of the T-1 components in stock and they can be purchased separately:

TRIC or SideWinder (T-1) MAG Intake: $599.00

Fan Switching Module $199.00

176 Thermostats $89.00

Magnecor Plug Wires $120.00

Ceramic aluminum "Insolator" $19.00

Halltech Ported Throttle Body $199.00

Throttle Body Coolant Bypass fitting $10.00

Not part of T-1: 2002 Z06 MAF Sensor: $219.00

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are the injectors still part of the kit, and if so are they necessary.

The fan switching kit will no longer be in the programming of the car, but manual, or am i missing something.

Are there any other tests you have yet to run before your t-1 is fully ready to go?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Im bumping this to the top :)

What kind of horsepower difference am i Looking at if i go the sidewinder route instead of the tric route. I dont want any of the surging you said you are having. I have the titanium system and the red carbon fiber mag which id like to use both parts, do i just need an elbow to top it all off? What else do I need to get to t-1 specs.

OR

Should I wait till you have the tric t-1 ready to go..would it be worth it. This is a weekend street driven vette, which will never hopefully see rain (intentionally)

Thanks for your help!!!

Please email me if you need to talk to me more about it than just a thread :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SideWinder or TRIC?

KilrZ06 said:
Im bumping this to the top :)

What kind of horsepower difference am i Looking at if i go the sidewinder route instead of the tric route. I dont want any of the surging you said you are having. I have the titanium system and the red carbon fiber mag which id like to use both parts, do i just need an elbow to top it all off? What else do I need to get to t-1 specs.

OR

Should I wait till you have the tric t-1 ready to go..would it be worth it. This is a weekend street driven vette, which will never hopefully see rain (intentionally)

Thanks for your help!!!

Rain is fine with the TRIC. We have 500 Z06s running our TRIC intake? Anyone with a problem in the rain?

The SideWinder is not a system made to circumvent problems with the rain, but a system that makes major HP on the dyno.

For those that want to trade the TRIC S-tunnel for the SideWinder, that's fine.

We do not and never have recommended the TRIC for street use on the Z06 with the laminar screen removed. Some folks have done it and don't notice anything. I personally did notice some minor surging, with the 2002 with the screenless MAF. One simple fix is to install the LS1 MAF with the screen. We have not tested this yet on the dyno, but the TRIC makes more hp and torque on the dyno than the SW by about 2 RWHP which is the loss of HP to the screen. This makes the TRIC very driveable on the street.

When you go racing, back in with the screenless MAF.

Another route is to us the elbow with the screenless 2002 MAF, which is the most seamless performance for the street there is period.

The elbow is $149.00, the MAF is $129.00. Either way you will see numbers in the very low 12s. That's what it is all about.

Ask Ranger. He runs just the TRIC (2001) which has the screen in the MAF. We have never had one complaint about surging, except where someone slammed on a Granatelli MAF (No screen, no airfoil and poor PCM feedback) The Granatelli may even make bigger numbers with our T-1 SideWinder than the stock 2002 MAF. We don't know at this point.

What I do know, is that the fastest 2001 around used our TRIC Titanium Intake with the Granatelli MAF, and ran 11.99 at over 117 in the 1/4.

This is why you need to be patient, and give us a chance to develop the package. We have gone through 10 days of hell with Chris leaving and orders coming in hot and heavy. Debbie is now back to cover the phones, so we caught up on all orders today.

The first phase is the T-1 with the SideWinder, since most Z06 customers want max performance, but do not want to sacrifice driveability or use a cutting tool on their new ride. I think that we are on track with that.

The second phase or T-2 will be the TRIC in all its glory, with the ultimate street package. I'm afraid that we may have a screen in the MAF, but if it makes 375 RWHP will anyone care?

That's our plan.

Jim

Please email me if you need to talk to me more about it than just a thread :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts