Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a preference over either of these two air intake systems. I'm Thinking of buying one ot these but, I would like the feedback from people on this forum. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think they both do basically the same. The Haltech with the Cobra is a beautiful unit JMHO but pricey for me, so I chose the Vortex with the Power Duct. Best bang for the buck. Besides, I had to buy 2 sets. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 2 C5 with the Halltech, and I couldn't be happier. (paid for both of them) I haven't had any other system, so I can not honestly offer a comparison. That said, I would buy the Halltech again. Best looking system, and my Z06 picked up 3 MPH and .4 in the quarter. Best time of 12.42 @ 115.97 with a 2.19 60' time. Having participated in a dyno day here in So Cal, it appears that each of the "bottom breather" systems appear to be close in performance gains. My 2K coupe - auto runs 12.9 @ 109 with the Halltech and powerloader.
I am a very happy camper.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have Vortex (which I paid for) and I am very pleased, I think you will find that both systems are pretty equal./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I belive that the Halltech system is a looker though, it looks great with the Torch Red Exterior and Modified Red and Black Interior./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
128 Posts
I still cant decide which one to get , I've had two Halltechs and they were top notch , but maybe its time to try something different?

"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-

·
Registered
837 Posts
Install the Halltech with carbon fiber cobra on mine. Before- and after- dynos showed that it produced an additional 10 rwhp and 15 rwtq, which seem to be about normal for cold air intakes.

Five runs at the track with the Halltech gave trap speeds all above 116.5 mph, with a best of 117.4. So it seems the Halltech produces more power at speed than shows on a static dyno.

Ranger

·
Registered
457 Posts
You might want to check the latest thread on the corvette forum about cold air mods /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If you live in an area with a lot of rainfall, you might want to think about that mod /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts