Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the Z1000 filter? I have a sidewinder, can you clean it's filter with the K&N filter cleaninig kit?

G

·
Any type of cleaner-i.e Simple Green

Just be sure to run water from the inside out to clean it. (Keeps particles from going through)

Use K&N type oil or S&B Type oil. Do not over oil.

Jim

That's the Z1000 Race Filter (comes with the T1)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the photo and info. How much does the Z1000 filter cost?

G

·
GTC2230 said:
Thanks for the photo and info. How much does the Z1000 filter cost?
The filter is $99.00 and yes it will add substantial HP/TQ to the TRIC, but it is relatively difficult to install on the TRIC. I did it by putting the filter on the TRIC Titanium Tunnel first then installed it from the bottom up. Much easier than putting the filter on from below, but I have that mastered also.

Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would like to know what to do with the hole on one of the sides of my Halltech T1 filter. For the time being I have covered it since I am afraid dirt will come in. What should one do? From the pictures posted by Jim, I saw that the hole was left open. Thanks in advance.

cvdg:-?

G

·
The 90-degree Elbow

from the stock airbox goes there. If the filter is positioned with the hole toward the bottom, the air line is not seen.

This is an airpump line that pumps filtered air into the exhaust headers during startup fuel enrichment cycle to help burn off the additional fuel. EPA deal.

The purpose of fitlered air is to prevent a rock from going into the pump and causing damage to the pump.

Use the same 1" hose, route under the filter and hook it up.

We didn't put the hole there for nothing.

Jim:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts